E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > lowering my vehicle

01-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
gmiller
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

lowering my vehicle

i am waiting for my 19 inch wheels to be shipped. i was wondering how much should i lower my vehicle and what is the best springs. (i know variant makes an amazing coilover but cant afford right now). i want to have an aggressive look but still maintain ride quality
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #2
Quasimodem
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiller View Post
i am waiting for my 19 inch wheels to be shipped. i was wondering how much should i lower my vehicle and what is the best springs. (i know variant makes an amazing coilover but cant afford right now). i want to have an aggressive look but still maintain ride quality
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 11:30 PM   #3
hipnotic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [7.00]
nice
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 12:59 AM   #4
07_335i_AW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

It will be hard around here to get an answer to that question because it has been covered so many times. You can do a search for H&R springs (sport and race), Eibach Pro-Kit (Sportsline also, if you have an E90), Tein S-Tech and the list goes on. Check out those options to see which one gives you the look you are going for. You will also be told that you should upgrade the shocks if you go with lowering springs.. Shocks include Koni yellows, Koni FSD, Bilstien (E90) ect.

The search button will be your best friend in this forum. If you have issues trying to navigate the search function on the forum, just go to google and search for example: "e92 335i with H&R sport springs" and it will most likely link you to threads on the forum. Google image searches will also help you out a lot.

Hope that helped.

JACE
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 01:01 AM   #5
07_335i_AW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

It will be hard around here to get an answer to that question because it has been covered so many time. You can do a search for H&R springs (sport and race), Eibach Pro-Kit, Tein S-Tech and the list goes on. Check out those options to see which one gives you the look you are going for. You will also be told that you should upgrade the shocks if you go with lowering springs.. Shocks include Koni yellows, Koni FSD, Eibach Pro-Dampers ect.

The search button will be your best friend in this forum. If you have issues trying to navigate the search function on the forum, just go to google and search for example: "e92 335i with H&R sport springs" and it will most likely link you to threads on the forum. Google image searches will also help you out a lot.

Hope that helped.

JACE
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 01:07 AM   #6
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Are you planning to get springs only or springs with shocks/struts. If you plan on getting both springs and shock/struts, I'd save up a little more and get a set of coilovers new or find them used in the classified section. This will give you the ability to change the ride height depending on what 19s you are getting and whether you plan to add spacers to change the offsets, etc.. ST coilovers are affordable and the ride is not harsh at all
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 05:42 AM   #7
SixShotEspressO
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 524td R.I.P. 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiller View Post
DUDE!the BMW. don't "JUST" drop springs on it and call it good. Save up the cash and do it right, coil-overs and all. You will be infinitely more satisfied with the look and above all performance.

Having said this I am only just purchasing my first NEW BMW, I have however rode shotgun in my buddies whips and I can tell you that the spring "ONLY" experience is immediately noticed under load/spirited driving.

Remember bro, you just stepped your game up, while dropping springs into a nice light Honda make a huge difference in performance. You will need to add a little more to the mix on a BMW if you are going to mess with an already optimized system. Enjoy the ride Bro.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 06:01 AM   #8
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

i just finished explaining why you shouldn't do that. I just don't feel like typing the whole thing. check out post #4.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...41#post8798141

If you're not interested in coils, go for the BMW Perf suspension. At least its an OEM part and you won't ever run into any warranty issues.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0