E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Something just fell off of underneith my car...

01-25-2011, 02:29 AM   #1
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Something just fell off of underneith my car...

I was driving and suddenly noticed some clinking noises, I pulled over to find that a metal rod was hanging down from near the rear left mudflap area (right before the rear wheel base). I kind of tugged on it to see if it was attached to the car and it just snapped off.. It felt like it was magnetic or something, definitely did not feel like it was "ripped off".

SO... the big mystery is what the hell is it? At first I thought maybe I ran over something and it just caught onto my car.. And then I thought maybe something just came loose. SoI tried looking under the car to see if something was broken but it looked like everything was intact, besides the metal rod of course.. Somebody please give me some advice..

I'm going to the shop tomorrow to drop my car off for repairs so maybe they'll be able to tell me what it was.. (the repairs have no relation to the area where the metal rod suddenly appeared).

CLIFF NOTES
Something fell off my car and I have no idea what it is..

The area where I found the rod.. The dimple on the plastic mud flap (middle right side of picture) is where it was connected.

This is the opposite side of where the metal rod was (more towards the front of the car, almost right under the rear passenger door).

Last but not least.... The metal rod..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
i think it lodged itself up in there and finally came out.

not sure what that is.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
Bcube
Been there, wrecked that.
Rep
Drives: '07 E93 335i

Sooooo... this is bizarre. Same thing with my car a few months back, I just assumed it was highway trash.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...50&postcount=1
      01-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcube View Post
Sooooo... this is bizarre. Same thing with my car a few months back, I just assumed it was highway trash.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...50&postcount=1
I think that's what it is.. so weird

But yea, talk about good placement for the aero flap... that thing would have eaten my tires and wheels alive.
Appreciate 0