E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Crazy Accident In Wellington

01-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
TheProduct
The Product
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Crazy Accident In Wellington

M3 got split in half!!!

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/tr...d-1205635.html
      01-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
kdiz
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE

Garage List
jeeeeez, thats crazy. How fast do you need to be going to do that kinda damage!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

I bet he was over 140 mph for that car to split like that. He either wanted to die or he panic because of something, maybe another car and tried to avert hitting it.

I just find it hard to accept that he decided to hit those speeds and just lost control on a M3 unless he was drunk.

I have hit those fatal speeds at that time of night and you have those ass wholes who like to pull in front of you knowing damn well you are moving fast.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
TheProduct
The Product
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

I just spoke to the people that were with him, he went around the corner and gunned it. The said the ground looked wet. He hit 2 trees.
      01-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #5
teleopti
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328i Sport

geez. very sad. I know we all like to play but wow. I didn't even imagine that type of damage when i read and opened the link. prayers go out to the family
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
alexc93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: na

wow...i hope it's no one from the forums...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #7
TriniJots
Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

RIP.....sad to see something like this happen
Let this be a lesson to everyone on the forums...be very careful and responsible out there on the roads, I have had too many friends lives cut short because of car accidents.
Be safe out there fellow e90ers!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #8
olis
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
I have hit those fatal speeds at that time of night and you have those ass wholes who like to pull in front of you knowing damn well you are moving fast.
Seriously? You drive 140 mph in traffic and you call those around you a-holes? I'm hoping you get your driver's license revoked before you kill someone "pulling in front of you".
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #9
1ForAll
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92

Garage List
Wow! Crazy ass wreck! There is a good example of why not to turn off your DSC, especially if you have been drinking. Thoughts go out to his family.
      01-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #10
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexc93 View Post
wow...i hope it's no one from the forums...

it is

so horrible

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449261
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #11
THI
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Wow! I see these types of fatal crashes everyday. I've been a traffic homicide investigator for the past ten years. To get a car to split in half, we are talking really high speeds. Easily triple digits. This is a crash that could of been prevented, it's very sad.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #12
E90PAT
SOFLO CODING
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Good lord
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 10:12 PM   #13
E90PAT
SOFLO CODING
Slovenia
Rep

Quote:
not cool.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 10:14 PM   #14
E90PAT
SOFLO CODING
Slovenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THI View Post
Wow! I see these types of fatal crashes everyday. I've been a traffic homicide investigator for the past ten years. To get a car to split in half, we are talking really high speeds. Easily triple digits. This is a crash that could of been prevented, it's very sad.
I Know how crazy reckless soflo drivers are, i'm sure youve seen it all.

Last edited by E90PAT; 01-24-2011 at 11:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 11:15 PM   #15
teleopti
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92PAT View Post
Know how crazy reckless soflo drivers are, i'm sure youve seen it all.
seriously! I really like how the FloridaBimmer family is responsible and careful when we all go out on our monthly meets. Let's keep the craziness to the track. Definitely will be instilling that mentality in all of our new members. The new E9xs twin turbos and M cars are much more serious now than ever
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #16
WannaBModder328i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

dont mix alcohol with that kind of speed , and rain what was he thinking.

my heart goes out to his family

| 2007 328i | Matte Black Grilles | B+W Roundels | Shadowed Letters | B+W Chrome Wheel Caps | 20% Tint | 19" Avant Garde M310 | aFe Pro Oiled CAI |
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #17
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by olis View Post
Seriously? You drive 140 mph in traffic and you call those around you a-holes? I'm hoping you get your driver's license revoked before you kill someone "pulling in front of you".
I didnt know there was traffic at 3am in the morning.

Your an a-hole yes if you tend to contest a deadly force out of arrogance. A prime mentality... "Hmm lets see, I am turning, a car is coming, he is driving fast, Oh well he will just have to slow down for me, I dont care...." this is an a-hole.

If you want to see more A-hole drivers go to Boca Raton Florida they cross the damn road thinking they own it. Driving is worse..these same ahole will knock you down with their cars, run red lights etc. Dont get all excited because I take my car over 140 when there is nothing on the roads but star lights. Never said a dang thing about driving in traffic like that.

I hope you get your reading abilities revoked cause that is just how suck you are at reading and comprehending posts.

Sorry to say, you have people out there who purposely are looking to get hit in order to collect just because you drive a bimmer. Its obvious you havent been a victom...yet.

Better yet I dont drink, smoke, or any drugs....I just shoot people online and of course drive my second wife (ie 335i)

Peace !

Last edited by BQTuning; 01-25-2011 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 03:35 PM   #18
fd94
SoFlo BMW
Rep
Drives: Luxury Power!

Quote:

Your an a-hole yes if you tend to contest a deadly force out of arrogance. A prime mentality... "Hmm lets see I am turning, a car is coming, he is driving fast, Oh well he will he will just have to slow down for me, I dont care...." this is an a-hole.

If you want to see more A-hole drivers go to Boca Raton Florida they cross the damn road thinking they own it. You can imagine how the drive to.

I hope you get your reading abilities revokes cause that is just how suck you are at reading and comprehending.

Sorry to say, you have people out there who purposely are looking to get hit in order to collect just because you drive a bimmer.

Peace !
TROOF!!140mph cruising all day at 5.30 in the afternoon on the palmetto south!!!!!
      01-25-2011, 04:11 PM   #19
335iMIAMI
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 CTS-V

I don't know how people drink and drive. I've never dared to.
      01-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #20
olis
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
What part of "I have hit those fatal speeds at that time of night and you have those ass wholes who like to pull in front of you knowing damn well you are moving fast." did I not understand?

If you're driving fast and there are cars around to pull in front of you, isn't that traffic? Sorry dude, accidents do happen and if you slam into a car at a high rate of speed when they pull in front of you, it is your fault. Save the high speed driving for the track.

Last edited by olis; 01-25-2011 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: left something out
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 05:13 PM   #21
THI
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

There is a formula called Time and Distance that I use for my traffic homicide investigations. Plus many other formulas I can use to determine your speed. The average person driving on the road doesn't expect you to be driving 140mph. If this person turns in front of you, yes it's there fault initially but it's my job to investigate it. So If you crashed into them, I can take the area of Impact, back you up to where that person first saw you. I can assure you, you are about 150 yards away and that's why the car turned in front of you. Then the crash would be your fault due to your speed. I would hate to be the one having to tell your loves ones that you died cause ou were doing 140 on the street. I tell love ones just about everyday that there other half won't be coming home anymore.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 08:28 PM   #22
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by olis View Post
What part of "I have hit those fatal speeds at that time of night and you have those ass wholes who like to pull in front of you knowing damn well you are moving fast." did I not understand?

Obviously not, see the RED "at that time of night" was referencing the time period in which the M3 driver had his accident which was around 3am in the morning:

Quote:
Portela, who was wearing his seat belt, lost control on a curve about 3:30 a.m., said Sgt. John Churchill of the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office. The car turned clockwise, made it on to the median and continued sideways until it stuck a tree, which split the car in half, the report stated.

Source
Should we now have your reading privileges revoked ?

Quote:
If you're driving fast and there are cars around to pull in front of you, isn't that traffic?
So you would actually call the remote movement of multiple vehicles at 3am in the morning as traffic ? So in that case does the track have traffic ? According to your logic driving on even the track with all that traffic at speeds over 100 mph would also me stupid. Infact your would have a higher change of dieing on the track and killing others. When someone says "there is no traffic" does not denote that the streets are totally vacant from vehicles ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olis
Sorry dude, accidents do happen and if you slam into a car at a high rate of speed when they pull in front of you, it is your fault. Save the high speed driving for the track.
The "majority" of accidents that happen are not speed related, and death tolls being higher on the weekends are because of some sort of intoxication not speed directly.

Like I said, you obviously have never been in a situation where someone just pulled out in front you that caused you to crash into them. I have, and guess what he was at fault for failure to YIELD.

Those who drink, or do drugs while driving have a higher chance of killing yourselves or others than me doing 140 MPH or more on a road that is vacant of any visible cars that are near.

You should be focussed on Bimmer Brothers, dont be intoxicated and drive. Start with that first, then get back to me later about my 140+ mph driving.
Appreciate 0