XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

01-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
Mthusiast
///MTHUSIAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

Garage List
2011 X5 M-Sport w/Garage to Match..

Just bought a new 2011 X5 M-Sport... Here are a few pics of it and it's new parking space. My other ride is an 08 x3 m-sport and I have a deposit on the 1M!! Looking forward to that!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
Kloogy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 Sport

Garage List
Nice. I'm not usually a fan of darkening the rear tail lights, but you did a prefect shade.
2004 Mustang GT Vert. - Modded
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 11:51 PM   #3
Kloogy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I thought the M sports didnt come with an M on the rear deck
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 02:52 AM   #4
MissFortune
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X5 4.8i

Looks really nice man. Congrats! Your garage is awesome too (and so clean!!)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #5
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

Love your garage, but you may need a BMW support group (and I thought I was bad!)

Nice ride!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
KPB75
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 sedan

Very nice and clean but why need the M badge?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
Mthusiast
///MTHUSIAST
United_States
Rep

Garage List
///M Badge is there because I love it! Vehicle is an M-Sport with M badges on all wheels, all four door sills, and the steering wheel. All other emblems were removed. Its not nessicarily claiming to be an x5M, (as that is how their badge would read) however is it an M-Sport and I am proud to wear it. Not to mention, it has the Adaptive Drive which combines ARS (Active Roll Stabilization) with EDC (Elec Dampening Contol) which comes only with the M-Sport Package to create an unparralled SUV driving experience. Anyone else felt the beauty of Adaptive Drive?

Also I have a deposit down on the 1M and own an x3 with m-sport from 2008. As you can also see my walls have the M volants and did not come from M. I simply love this Division of BMW.

On the other hand, I was more on what seems to be everyone else's side of the fence regarding the ///M Badge. In my original opinion if its not a real M then you dont do it, much like an AMG emblem on someones Mercedes. I vebalized this to many of my friends and the verdict was that it shouldnt matter for pretty much the reasons I listed above..

I would like to consider myself to as much as an enthusiast as anyone else, if having that badge is too controversal I would happily remove it knowing I did the right thing!!

What do you all think? Keep it? Loose the M, leave the volants? or just remove it entirely?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #8
LPH
Rep
Drives: Acura TL

M Badge

Agree with you, leave it on . Looks great and you are showing your enthusiasm and appreciation for BMW as well as the M division.. Wish you well.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #9
kenneth 1984
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 DINAN X5 50i M Sport

Looks clean...question for every E70 enthusiast.... what is the beset looking set of rims for the x5? I just got my black snow set up for winter, but i want to sell my 333M OEM 20s and get something hot, but don't want to spend $8K on HREs....anyone like forgiato? I don't want to go to 21 inch since i'm going to lower my car 3/4 of an inch in the spring, also want to keep my stock summer rubber so just looking for a mean set of 20's....

I've attached pics of my car STOCK, my car with my black winter tire/rim setup as well as a pic of the Forgiato's i'm interested in set in front of my stock rims...the Forgiato's are the Monoleggara Maglia model, but they have a black lip and a black inlay behind the satin face, i think it looks sweet and the lip blends in with the tire so the 20 inch looks more like a 21....

Any ideas ????
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #10
NavM
M-Sport
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth 1984 View Post
Looks clean...question for every E70 enthusiast.... what is the beset looking set of rims for the x5? I just got my black snow set up for winter, but i want to sell my 333M OEM 20s and get something hot, but don't want to spend $8K on HREs....anyone like forgiato? I don't want to go to 21 inch since i'm going to lower my car 3/4 of an inch in the spring, also want to keep my stock summer rubber so just looking for a mean set of 20's....

I've attached pics of my car STOCK, my car with my black winter tire/rim setup as well as a pic of the Forgiato's i'm interested in set in front of my stock rims...the Forgiato's are the Monoleggara Maglia model, but they have a black lip and a black inlay behind the satin face, i think it looks sweet and the lip blends in with the tire so the 20 inch looks more like a 21....

Any ideas ????
Your winter wheel/tire set up looks fantastic. It really compliments the car. Are the wheels OEM? What size and model did you get?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
NavM
M-Sport
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mthusiast View Post
///M Badge is there because I love it! Vehicle is an M-Sport with M badges on all wheels, all four door sills, and the steering wheel. All other emblems were removed. Its not nessicarily claiming to be an x5M, (as that is how their badge would read) however is it an M-Sport and I am proud to wear it. Not to mention, it has the Adaptive Drive which combines ARS (Active Roll Stabilization) with EDC (Elec Dampening Contol) which comes only with the M-Sport Package to create an unparralled SUV driving experience. Anyone else felt the beauty of Adaptive Drive?

Also I have a deposit down on the 1M and own an x3 with m-sport from 2008. As you can also see my walls have the M volants and did not come from M. I simply love this Division of BMW.

On the other hand, I was more on what seems to be everyone else's side of the fence regarding the ///M Badge. In my original opinion if its not a real M then you dont do it, much like an AMG emblem on someones Mercedes. I vebalized this to many of my friends and the verdict was that it shouldnt matter for pretty much the reasons I listed above..

I would like to consider myself to as much as an enthusiast as anyone else, if having that badge is too controversal I would happily remove it knowing I did the right thing!!

What do you all think? Keep it? Loose the M, leave the volants? or just remove it entirely?

You'll upset the X5M owners but it is your car and you can do whatever that makes you happy. Personally, I would remove the M badge. Regardless, your car with the exterior mods looks great. Nice garage too.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #12
Mthusiast
///MTHUSIAST
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavM3 View Post
You'll upset the X5M owners but it is your car and you can do whatever that makes you happy. Personally, I would remove the M badge. Regardless, your car with the exterior mods looks great. Nice garage too.
I am thinking about removing it, or just leaving the volants(cut the M off), however I have not seen 1 x5M here in Indianapolis. I have no one to offend.. lol
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #13
Kloogy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I would take it off, but that's just me. It does look nice. Best white one I've seen so far.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #14
Trevor46
Enlisted Member
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70 4.8i M Sport,

Leave the M badge on - it makes you happy - also your garage is great took your idea and busy doing mine - will try and upload pics once I have completed my garage project, go and enjoy your car and do what ever floats you boat Cheers .
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #15
peso604
Fortuna Favet Fortibus
Canada
Rep
Drives: x5m 2010, 2003 745i .

Quote:

keep it... all the other M's on the truck came with it ...
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #16
Northern X5M
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 Tanzanite Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavM3 View Post
Take it off!!! LOL.

You better not lose a race to a civic and make us look bad! Or worse, don't lose to a GCSRT8!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #17
tyorll
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

I love the fold out chair in the garage setup! Just so you can sit and admire the vehicles with a nice cold beer in hand?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #18
x5lover7777
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 x5m

nice clean mods and garage
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #19
55 cent
Canada
Rep
Drives: SOLD 2007 X5, SOLD 2004 E46

I would remove the M. Even the M stripes in the garage unless you get a real M car. Nice looking X5 otherwise.
      03-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #20
x5lover7777
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 x5m

i drive m and wearing corvette t-shirt and hat, do whatever you love to do. small m badge looks 100% better than putting big m stripes on m car
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #21
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Just bought a new 2011 X5 M-Sport... Here are a few pics of it and it's new parking space. My other ride is an 08 x3 m-sport and I have a deposit on the 1M!! Looking forward to that!!
I am about to get an X5 but not the M version. Cool garage. I hope you have a full M car with all of that paint.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #22
tyorll
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:

Keep it. Only people who really give a damn are the M owners who bought the car to show of how much $$$ they earn. I doubt BMW M division cares if people love their cars but can't afford them. Many M-owners wouldn't care as they bought the car for other reasons than to show off their income capacity. I doubt Ferrari disapproves of all its followers who can't afford their cars either! Wear the badge proudly and don't give a rats arse about people saying "M-badge for M-cars only mantra". That is just sad. Wear the badge in support of the BMW M division.

The proviso here is that people trying to "pretend to be an M car" when they clearly aren't do look a little sheepish.
Appreciate 0