BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
Bulk
Registered
Rep
Drives: x3

Problems

Hi all,

I am a newbie to Bimmers. I am going to buy my wife an X3 and cannot afford a new one so am looking 04-05. I'm wondering if there are any issues that the X3 has coming up to the 70k mile mark.....

Just so that I know what I'm in for and any preventative things that I could do as soon as I get the car to alleviate any foreseen problems.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
owlhuntr
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW X3 3.0i Sport

My '05 X3 is creeping up on 70,000 miles. Our main issue was the brakes, which really did last for about 55,000 miles. We waited too long to replace them and had to get new rotors as well. Authentic BMW parts are pricier but recommended since you never know what kind of crap the others are made of. One of the motors for the left, rear window failed and the glass keeps sliding down, so that needs to be fixed. The car still runs beautifully, and has a spring in it's step. Overall, just make sure you change the parts as the BMW manuals suggest and you should be fine.
Appreciate 0