E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Aux to speakers problem

02-14-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Aux to speakers problem

So a few days ago, I get into my E90, plug my MP3 player in through the aux jack in the center console and punch in where i was going into the sat nav. Then i see that only the right front speaker was working. I've tried pushing in the cords in again. They wwere firmly in both. Then i tried restarting the car and it still doesn't work

any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2007, 09:37 PM   #2
KT9
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

I had the same problem but I only had sound coming out of the left speakers. I was using an expensive cable with right angle mini stereo (2.5mm) plugs which had thick metal plug housings. I think they were made by Molex. I swapped it out with a cheap mini-stereo cable included with a sound card and it works fine.

I'm thinking that maybe the plug may not sit deep enough for the contact to be made with one of the pins. To verify, you can either use another cable, or plug your MP3 player into a home stereo or boombox and see if that works.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2007, 01:43 PM   #3
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

it's always worked before and i've used about three different cables withi t but they all worked fine up until that day. I tried to use a different cable a few days ago and still nothing!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
mbaric
Enlisted Member
Croatia
Rep
Drives: E90 318i

Looks like right channel wire came off inside the AUX connector. Try pulling it out and check the wires.