2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Voice commands from owners manual not working

01-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
jbmccoy01
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

Voice commands from owners manual not working

I have a 2011 BMW 528i. The owner's manual lists several pages of voice commands, but the only ones that seem to work in my car are the ones related to my phone. I have tested these other commands in a couple of other BMW cars (loaners) and they all seem to work. My BMW tech says that my car is not equiped to handle any voice commands other than phone commands. That doesn't sound correct to me - especially since the owners manual lists these commands and doesn't say that you have to purchase a special package to get any additional voice commands. Has anyone else encountered this issue?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 01:01 AM   #2
tallshorty
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi

Yes. Full voice control is an additional option. Have you tried to option out a 528i on BMW's website? You would have seen that if you did. Without it you can only voice control the phone.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
bike99
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F15 25 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallshorty View Post
Yes. Full voice control is an additional option. Have you tried to option out a 528i on BMW's website? You would have seen that if you did. Without it you can only voice control the phone.
Well - I have a button for voice control but did not purchase the option for full voice control. But the button seems to be doing nothing. I tried using it and there was no reaction at all. Am i doing something wrong?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #4
tallshorty
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike99 View Post
Well - I have a button for voice control but did not purchase the option for full voice control. But the button seems to be doing nothing. I tried using it and there was no reaction at all. Am i doing something wrong?
That's right. You'll still have the button. Like I said, it works only to control the phone connected via Bluetooth if you didn't get the voice control option. Press it and say: "phonebook" when you phone is connected n
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #5
apthous
Registered
Rep
Drives: f10

Does that mean i can upgrade my "Phone only Voice command" over 528i's "Full Function voice command" by just re-programming? or add on special device are required?
FYI, my F10 523i are equipped with bmw pro navi control, 10.2". 2011 model.
Appreciate 0