E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Vendor + Client situation - Please read and state your opinion

01-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
Me_Hi
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: *

Vendor + Client situation - Please read and state your opinion

I would like to have the opinion of the members here. If I’m at fault, than be it. If it’s the vendor’s fault I want him to see this so he can maybe change his ways. I don’t want to affect his business or the rep’s future commissions with sales on this forum so I would not mention the vendor or the rep’s name. If the vendor sees this and he sees that I'm lying or altering the truth or you have anything to add, please do so...

I ordered set of rims from a vendor. I had them shipped to Point Roberts to avoid Canadian brokerage fees. I drove from Vancouver to pick them up, paid my taxes and off I go to the tire shop where I discovered that one rim is bent. Took a photo and contacted the vendor. Vendor contacted me back saying that he can get me another wheel but it’s in back order and I have to wait 4 weeks at least as rims are on backorder and he needs me to send the bent rim back. I was also told that I was supposed to check the rims at Point Roberts. Ok, the bent was visible in my case but in most cases you can’t notice with the naked eye if a rim is bent or not. I was about to lose the sale of my existing wheel + tire setup and I didn’t want to wait for 4 weeks plus drive back twice to Point Roberts so I can ship the wheel and pick up the new wheel so I say to the vendor I’ll fix the wheel if you credit me the cost of the fix for another purchase that I will place that day if they are to agree. This new item is also on backorder and I have to wait for 3 to 4 weeks for it when I could have bought it from eBay with 2 weeks delivery. I said that the fix should be about $150 after I sent the pic of the bent rim to the wheel repair shop. They told me that they can only do it after the holidays Anyways, the wheel vendor say that they cannot do $150 that but they can do $100 credit. In my head is what the heck, I’ll swallow $50, sell my rims, fix the wheel and I’ll be back on the road in 1 week. This was right before the holidays so I said I’ll be too drunk to drive most of the days anyways. So, place the order with the vendor for the other item. put the tires on the three new rims, put them on the car with 1 rear on wood blocks and I sold my previous wheel + tire setup. The rims shop came back after the holidays saying it’ll be between 300 to 350 to fix. I’m contacting the vendor and I said I want to send the rim back. At first the vendor said no it’s not possible as we had an agreement and they gave me $100 credit for another purchase. I said why can’t you charge me $100 for the replacement wheel to compensate for the credit that they gave me for the other item I purchased ?. They finally said that they could do that but I’ll have to wait for the settlement which can take 6 weeks prior to them sending me the replacement wheel. Than they start telling me how they’re going out of their way to make me happy and they are extending return policies and that I’m not reading the terms and conditions and how they lost hundreds of dollars dealing with my case and how it’s my fault I didn’t check the wheel when I received it and how It was my fault I didn’t get an accurate estimate for the repair. When I received the last email I said that I will fix the wheel myself as it will be the last email I ever want to deal with them and I’ll rather cover the costs.

This is the email string

From: ME The rim repair could be anywhere between 300 to 350. I want to send the rim back and get a replacement. Can you please call me?

From Vendor Hello OP. I am very sorry that the cost of the wheel repair will be so much but we have already processed the order for the at the price that we have agreed to. That price was given to you, per your request, in order to compensate you for the damaged wheel. At this time, we are not able to alter the arrangement. You may speak to another rep if you are looking to get a replacement wheel. I am sorry that I cannot offer another solution.

From: Me You can't just charge me 100 for the replacement wheel?

From Vendor No because the wheel was damaged in shipping. We would need to do the claim on it which would mean that you would have to drive the wheel to Point Roberts. Once the claim is approved and paid out by UPS, then I could send out a replacement and then I could charge you $100.00 for that wheel. Keep in mind though that because of the deal that we’ve already given you, we can’t just send out another wheel until the claim is settled. That would just leave too much exposure for us. Normally, a damage claim, from start to finish takes an approximate 6 weeks to resolve.

From: Me So It was ok before to send me the wheel before the settlement is resolved but now it's not? After i just gave you another sale , the trunk and now for a technicality you're making me wait for 6 weeks ? You guys ... I will send the wheel no problem. FYI look at my car on the forum. ... Modded from head to toe....not my first and not my last....

From Vendor OP I know that from your standpoint this whole thing sounds like we should lose hundreds of dollars to make you happy but even though we strive to take care of our customers, we are not in the business of losing hundreds of dollars to compensate for customer negligence. You see, we did exactly what you wanted. You were negligent in not inspecting the merchandise upon receiving it and you wanted to hold someone other than yourself accountable. You were negligent in not researching the cost of wheel repair before making a deal with us on another product and you want to hold someone other than yourself accountable for that too. You don’t care about terms and conditions or agreements or anything like that and quite frankly, it really doesn’t make me want to walk that extra mile for you. I didn’t have to give you a discount on that trunk lid but I did in order to make you happy and for the record, we actually lost money on that sale just to make you happy and now you want us to continue to lose more because even after all of that, you are still unsatisfied. Once you get the wheel to Point Roberts, let me know and I will file the damage claim with UPS. Normally, a claim has to be filed within 15 days from the date of delivery and we are at the 14 day mark. So that being said, in order to see to your satisfaction, I am going to extend the time limit until the end of the week. I will need confirmation that the wheel is in Point Roberts no later than Friday afternoon PST. Please bear in mind that you cannot ship the wheel there, you must transport it yourself. If UPS sees any additional shipping labels on the box, they will deny the claim. Thank you and let me know if you have any questions.

From me. We definitely don't see eye to eye. You're blaming everything on me basically. I'm sorry I received a bent wheel. I will fix the wheel since I want this to be my last email to you guys. Thank You for all your help and I hope I didn't inconvenienced your business at all.

From: Vendor You’re welcome OP. I’m happy to have been of service to you.

From: Vendor Oh and OP. For the record, it wasn’t your fault that you had received a bent wheel but it was your fault that you didn’t let me do the damage claim when I was supposed to do it…before we gave you a $100.00 off of your next purchase. Again, happy to be of service.
      01-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
Me_Hi
Major
No_Country
Rep

No comments?
      01-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

who is that vendor?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #4
Kit523
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/FK8/C63S

+1?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 03:19 AM   #5
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

What kind of whack ass wheels get bent in shipping?

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

The way I see it is as frustrating as the damage to the wheel was it was your look out to check it before you accepted the delivery. I often don't bother doing this but if it's a high value order I would have done.

They could have said it's nothing to do with them after this point but didn't, they offered to claim for the damage and replace the wheel.

That didn't suit so you made a deal for a discount to cover the repair. As it was more than expected you now want to change the agreement.

I think the vendor has been reasonable with you. The only thing is the tone of the email to you is a little unprofessional. It's quite condescending. The comment about not walking the extra mile is a bit if a f*** you.

The should've just stated their position and left it at that.
      01-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
no drama, no interest. With an unnamed vendor, nothing is at risk, nobody cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33M3R View Post
The way I see it is as frustrating as the damage to the wheel was it was your look out to check it before you accepted the delivery. I often don't bother doing this but if it's a high value order I would have done.

They could have said it's nothing to do with them after this point but didn't, they offered to claim for the damage and replace the wheel.

That didn't suit so you made a deal for a discount to cover the repair. As it was more than expected you now want to change the agreement.

I think the vendor has been reasonable with you. The only thing is the tone of the email to you is a little unprofessional. It's quite condescending. The comment about not walking the extra mile is a bit if a f*** you.

The should've just stated their position and left it at that.
Disagree. Implied warranty of merchantability--look it up. Name the vendor. Stir the pot. Cause some drama.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #8
Me_Hi
Major
No_Country
Rep

Allan is a nice guy and all and he is very good at what he does. The claim guy from the vendor is something else though....
      01-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #9
tmo24
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i e92

I think this is bad business. I think they should have honored your claims regardless of how long it took or the $100 agreement. Without that agreement, you still should have gotten a new wheel, at their expense, since it got to you like that. It doesn't matter that the shipping company damaged the item. That isn't your problem. It matters that it gets to you in brand new condition. Maybe its a packing issue. Maybe its carelessness on the shipper's part. Either way, it is in no way your problem. Part of running a business is assuming potential losses. In this case, they should have assumed a loss and sent you a new wheel. They will have more of a loss if you disclose who they are and lose potential buyers than to make it right and take care of you. But that's just my opinion. I think it goes both ways. If they took care of you and you advertised that they ate the cost of a new wheel to make you happy and provided great customer service, more people would be inclined to buy from them. And they will recover their losses through new business sales.

2007 335i Jet Black e90 6MT - Eibachs, magnaflow exhaust, carbon hood, short shift kit, some other random stuff - being sold somewhere sometime soon probably

2010 335i AW e90 6 AT Msport - The GF took this one over... JB4, PE exhaust, Koni yellows/Eibachs, pink badges, fuzzy steering wheel cover ?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 11:51 PM   #10
Me_Hi
Major
No_Country
Rep

.... I thought I was loosing my mind so i feel a lot better
      01-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #11
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

The only thing I've learned from business is to have a good customer support, for as earlier stated you might lose money on one deal buy make it up in another by having a good name for your self in the market. I would have done the same thing in your position to ignore them and there arrogant rep.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #12
Me_Hi
Major
No_Country
Rep

The wheels were shipped very poorly in a thick cardboard box but had absolutely no padding or protection. When I opened the boxes I was a bit shocked that the only thing protecting the inside of the rim was another layer of cardboard but there was nothing protecting the stepped lip. The rim repair shop and the tire mounting shop said they are good quality wheels.