BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

12-26-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
kaykay
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Supplements Question

I workout about 3-4 times / week, time permitting. I'd love to work out 4-5 regularly but work takes over at times.

What are some *healthy* supplements one can take to shed 8-10lbs with continued exercise and a healthy diet?

Looking for a boost to help me shed some weight.

Let's here some suggestions.
'08 550i M-Sport, Carbon Black (Gone but not forgotten), '06 W211 E55 AMG (Gone, miss this animal),'01 E39 540i Sport
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 01:04 AM   #2
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

i don't have first hand experience with cutting weight but i've heard nothing but great reviews about Animal Cuts by Universal Nutrition:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/cutsfree.html

But supplements should always take a backseat to healthy dieting and spreading out your meals throughout the day. To keep fat down, I drink a lot of green tea because that boost thermogenesis (essentially fat burning) so the weight I gain is only the weight I want to gain
      12-26-2010, 01:19 AM   #3
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

ECA stack will be the most effective. Rather safe when used correctly.

Not sure where to source ephedrine anymore though.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 01:21 AM   #4
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

It's all garbage. Unless you're on roids (which is moronic but the only things that really work), there's nothing better than eating correctly, working out, and lots of rest. Save your money on worthless supplements, and buy quality food.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 01:36 AM   #5
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
It's all garbage. Unless you're on roids (which is moronic but the only things that really work), there's nothing better than eating correctly, working out, and lots of rest. Save your money on worthless supplements, and buy quality food.
      12-26-2010, 01:38 AM   #6
saeedg48
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

for weight lose, try to cut down on all the fats and eat dinner three to four hours before bedtime. being almost hungry before bed. if you get hungry before bed try an apple or banana - something small..

don't have three large meals. instead eat smaller portions but more often during the day. for protein shakes try lean pro matrix. ow and don't forget lots of walking and running. i walk 3 miles a few hours before i got to bed. good time to listen to my music, re-cap on the day & organize my thoughts.

Good luck

2015 Porsche 991.1 GT3
2015 F80 M3 -- Individual; Space Grey
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 02:18 AM   #7
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Roll your eyes all you want, I've been lifting for around 17 years and have vast experience with this stuff. Over the counter supplements are a gigantic waste of money, with a huge majority of the stuff undergoing no testing, and no verification process whatsoever. Why people would want to put the next fly by night, hyped up garbage in their bodies is beyond me. Roids are the only "supplements" that will truly work (even then, you have to follow the procedure). Creatine is supplemented enough in the body itself, when you take more in all you get is bloated with that chipmunk face. Same with whey protein, if you eat correctly, you'll get all you need. When you flood the body with more of something than it needs (creatine, protein, etc.) the body will turn it to fat, or just piss it out. 75-80% of gaining muscle is eating correctly, you should have medium sized portions every 3 hours or so.

I'm 6"4, 34 y/0, weigh 260lbs, bench 400lbs on a good day, and haven't used any supplements since my early 20's (with age comes experience). As I said, save the money you'll waste on supplements, and use it on quality food.

Last edited by NickyC; 12-26-2010 at 02:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 10:02 PM   #8
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

^You don't think whey protein after a workout is beneficial? It doesn't replace food, but when used correctly, there is no downside. And I don't use creatine anymore, but have used a few types without any type of bloating.

BTW, I'm 6'3, 215ish and have been working out for awhile. I use to be a little bigger and stronger, but rather prefer being at lighter weight.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 08:25 PM   #9
buff_k9_335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

If you want to cut some weight there are a few options for you. You need to know whether you are sensitive to stimulants to begin with. If you are, then CLA and L-Carnitine are safe and stimulant free alternatives to thermogenics (fat burners). CLA is a good fat which starts knocking out the bad fats while at the same time maintaining your lean muscle. Carnitine is an amino acid which will naturally help boost metabolism and use fat as an energy source. They are gradual and might take 30 days (varies) to notice some decent results.

If you want the thermogenics for quicker results, there are a lot to choose from and I wouldn't recommend one without first asking you some questions about your goals and sensitivity to caffeine.

If you are in OC, you can PM me and stop by at one of our GNCs and I could go over some good supps for you. Good luck man.
Appreciate 0