E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > can slush/ice under the car block sunroof drain tubes?

12-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
bob.g
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

can slush/ice under the car block sunroof drain tubes?

GREETINGS

i noticed some water in my car today..it got in from a light on the roof..the one located right above the passenger vanity mirror..when id drive i could hear water sort of swooshing around too..

weve had some really slushy heavy snow that just sat on the roof of the car for a few days...the car was parked down the drieveway so i moved it into the garage.

after some research it seems that it most likely got in fron the drain tubes located under the sunroof..that they are probably clogged up. i didnt get a chance to check them..and i never use the sunroof, so id be surprised that they are clogged/dirty...it rained a lot this summer and i never had an issue.

do you think its possible that the slush from under the car blocked the water from draining? I know that in the x5 they have these drain holes under the suv http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...in_bottom1.jpg and my car had some serious slush and ice located behind the wheels and near the jack stand points. I cleaned out all the slush and let it sit in the garage and ill take it out again tomorrow and see what happends. Assuming that we have similar drain holes (not sure if we do), wouldnt it make sense that the slush was blocking the drain tubes, water couldnt escape and just poured out of the sunroof and leaked down into the roof somewhere? Thanks!
Appreciate 0