E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > MAFS sensor leak

12-22-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
RaymondNguyen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi 2008

MAFS sensor leak

i think my MAFS sensor leak because i crack the O Ring on MAFS sensor last time i install the charge pipe(bov)..but my engine light not on...my question is if my MAFS sensor leak the engine light will be on or off?...and i have the boost gauge and my vacuum before is -20 and after i install the charge pipe(bov) it's still -20 ...it's mean i have no boost leak?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
Penn999
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondNguyen View Post
i think my MAFS sensor leak because i crack the O Ring on MAFS sensor last time i install the charge pipe(bov)..but my engine light not on...my question is if my MAFS sensor leak the engine light will be on or off?...and i have the boost gauge and my vacuum before is -20 and after i install the charge pipe(bov) it's still -20 ...it's mean i have no boost leak?
335 doesnt use a maf, they use a map sensor. Do some researching and find out how that relates to you rproblem. If it is damaged it should throw a code, do you have a boost gauge? what chargepipe?
07' MT, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance LED Steering Wheel, HPF FMIC, AA BOV, HPF Exhaust, DCI, Procede V5, AR Stage 1 oil cooler, AR OCC, AR CL DP's, Vishnu Meth Kit, UUC SSK+DSSR, UUC Shift knob, (19 inch)VMR V715's/Yokohama Advan AD08's, Hartge Pedals and Floor Mats. Awaiting Install: M3 Rear Subframe Bushings, Full M3 suspension bits, AST 4100's, DSS axles. Future plans: Vishnu Single turbo kit
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
M3 Eater
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
if vac is 20 and you have not light... there shouldn't be a significant leak. You can grab some o rings at any auto store or hardware store. Replace that o ring for a peice of mind. I also replaced the o ring that connects aftermarket pipe to the throttle body. A BMW oil change kit o ring is the same size as the charge pipe o ring.
      12-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
RaymondNguyen
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn999 View Post
335 doesnt use a maf, they use a map sensor. Do some researching and find out how that relates to you rproblem. If it is damaged it should throw a code, do you have a boost gauge? what chargepipe?
yes i have boost gauge and synapse charge pipe
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #5
RaymondNguyen
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Eater View Post
if vac is 20 and you have not light... there shouldn't be a significant leak. You can grab some o rings at any auto store or hardware store. Replace that o ring for a peice of mind. I also replaced the o ring that connects aftermarket pipe to the throttle body. A BMW oil change kit o ring is the same size as the charge pipe o ring.
ok let me try going to pepboy or autozone tonight thx
Appreciate 0