E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Service-List Help? Getting rid of the Service Soon symbol?

12-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
SINGH310
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Convertible

Service-List Help? Getting rid of the Service Soon symbol?

07 328xi w/ 76,009k miles.

Just did an oil change w/ 10W-30 fully synthetic MObile and how do I reset the computer ; However recently got a service soon symbol? I dont know what to replace?

Do I go according to the dates? & What do the icons mean?

What does the "SS" symbol mean under the service-list?

Is the "fan and filter" symbol for the air filter?

Sorry for being a Noob. Im new

THanks everyone
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
AlanAZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 325i sport manual

There's a DIY in the DIY sub-forum that describes how to reset the service computer and the different symbols, the fan and filter is for the cabin air filter (located at the base of the windscreen.) Use Realoem.com to look up part numbers, and BMWMERCEDESPARTS.com or getbmwparts.com parts.

Lastly, I hate to tell you, but that Mobil oil (10W30) is not approved for use in your car. There's a gazillion posts on oils in this sub-forum, one just a few away from this post. 10W is too heavy/thick when it's cold, make sure you warm it well before you drive it hard until you change it.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 06:27 AM   #3
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

And read the manual. How do you think most of the people here can answer your questions? Yes, they read the manual. Being a noob is no excuse for trying to reseach this massive database on the E9x and try to find your answers first. All of the questions you asked are answered in the owner's manual and the maintenance manual.
Appreciate 0