BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
rd450
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw x3

Space Grey X3 with 309 Alloy Wheels arrived

New X3 has arrived at the dealers. In PDI and should be ready for collection this Friday 17th Dec.

Spec is:

- 2.0D, 6 Speed Manual
- 309 style 19" alloys
- Performance Control
- Variable Sport Steering
- Sports Seats
- Extended Storage
- Rear Sun blinds
- Brushed Aluminium Trim
- Xenons
- Bluetooth + USB

some photos they emailed me below
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
Alpine tourist
Alpine tourist
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: F25 Deep Sea Blue

Nice trim (I also went for brushed alu) - is that the standard wheel for the UK?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #3
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

2 in one night, god april seems like an age away!!!

Looking good, nice touch for delaer to send teaser pics

Let us know your thoughts and plenty of pics over the weekend please

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Wow! A real UK delivery! Nice choice on the 309 alloys + space grey. Looks very good IMO.

Am I right in thinking you don't have the dynamic package but have added performance control and sports seats as options? I had a dilemma with this because of the standard steering wheel not having buttons for cruise control + phone etc (in the picture in the brochure) but I see yours has buttons. I thought you only got them on the sports steering wheel? Perhaps they come as standard or are added if you have a bluetooth option? I did think it was stupid that you didn't get them as standard, not to mention misleading advertising as all of the beauty shots have 309s and a sports steering wheel combined.

Will look forward to more photos (please!) when you take ownership.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #5
rd450
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw x3

sfax,

you're right - i dont have the dynamic package as it meant (at that time) that I couldnt get the 309 alloys. I also wanted the sports steering wheel but gave up on that for the alloys. I was told at the time that the standard wheel would still have the switches (although as you point out it was maybe because i specified bluetooth aswell ???

yeah - i had that discussion/argument with them aswell that all the pictures had 309s and the sports steering wheel but you couldnt order that - think that has now been changed and you can order dynamic with the 309s ?

anyway, not much i can do now. Not going to spend a lot of money trying to retro the sports steering wheel. The standard one felt fine on the test drive I had a couple of week sago.

Really please with the space grey colour. Did question a few weeks ago whether i should have gone for x-line but now I see it I knoe i made the right choice
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #6
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
I had a dilemma with this because of the standard steering wheel not having buttons for cruise control + phone etc (in the picture in the brochure) but I see yours has buttons. I thought you only got them on the sports steering wheel?
Photo in brochure is wrong (probably from a pre production model), the brochure does mention the buttons on the standard sterring wheel in the text though and my test drive car had the standard steering wheel with buttons for phone, cd and cruise etc (very similar to my current E60)

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #7
ScotX5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Good looking car, congrats! 309's look good with the grey. Are you purchasing winter tyres in time for the Scottish snow this weekend?

Ref the steering wheel query: the buttons are standard with the standard wheel, when the configurator was first released on line they were using shots of pre production models. It's since been updated.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #8
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

sfax - Its like christmas but we are outside looking through the window - cold, hungry and without pressies!

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #9
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd450 View Post
sfax,

you're right - i dont have the dynamic package as it meant (at that time) that I couldnt get the 309 alloys. I also wanted the sports steering wheel but gave up on that for the alloys. I was told at the time that the standard wheel would still have the switches (although as you point out it was maybe because i specified bluetooth aswell ???

yeah - i had that discussion/argument with them aswell that all the pictures had 309s and the sports steering wheel but you couldnt order that - think that has now been changed and you can order dynamic with the 309s ?

anyway, not much i can do now. Not going to spend a lot of money trying to retro the sports steering wheel. The standard one felt fine on the test drive I had a couple of week sago.

Really please with the space grey colour. Did question a few weeks ago whether i should have gone for x-line but now I see it I knoe i made the right choice
I had a few arguments with the dealers and BMW Customer Services and they were initially suggesting I could retrofit the 309 alloys! (and perhaps sell the other ones back to them?!) They eventually got clearance to allow me to specify dynamic + 309s at an extra cost of about £800 - from Germany apparently. I think you can now specify the sports steering wheel as a standalone option too.

All of that said, you've done very very well getting it so soon, and you have the buttons which was my main gripe, not so much the sports steering wheel. Incidentally the dealer never once suggested that I would actually get the buttons on the standard steering wheel. I'm happy for you that you have them as it's not as good to have bluetooth without them.

I guess it's pretty normal to have some confusion with new models.

Agree re. no x-line. Your combination works very well as it is.

Now where is MINE?!??!?!?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #10
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
sfax - Its like christmas but we are outside looking through the window - cold, hungry and without pressies!
Couldn't agree more but at least thanks to the pictures on this forum the curtains remain open!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 04:25 PM   #11
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotX3 View Post
Ref the steering wheel query: the buttons are standard with the standard wheel, when the configurator was first released on line they were using shots of pre production models. It's since been updated.
Thanks, can't remember if the online configurator was wrong when I ordered in October as I think I only looked at the picture in the brochure and panicked thinking I would get no buttons! Good to see they've sorted it out now, although they still haven't allowed you to select dynamic + 309s online.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #12
Alpine tourist
Alpine tourist
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: F25 Deep Sea Blue

The 'buttons' are useful: cruise reverts to the E46 setup on the left side, whilst on the right you have scroll options (e.g. for audio tracks/stations) and the voice controls.

Overall it works, although I do miss a programmable buttons on the wheels (E60).
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #13
Limited Edition
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '06 VW Jetta 2.0T

Standard transmission looks like a lot of fun. Does anyone know if this transmission is the same one used in the E9*
Appreciate 0