E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > BMW Laval dealer collision repair - disappointing experience...

12-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
gp3000
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i xDrive

BMW Laval dealer collision repair experience.

So I brought it my 2011 at BMW Laval (Quebec) with only 9000kms after a little 81-year old lady decides not to use her brakes in a parking lot. $7k of damage to the rear driver door and quarter panel.

Dealer takes care of the repairs, says they will check for suspension damage since the wheel seemed misaligned when I brought it in...

I get the car back a little over two weeks later, I'm concentrated on the collision repair car looks great.

Brought it back home and exhausted from a bad cold I didn't pay too much attention to it. I went over it the next morning under a full sun, repair still looks great. but with snow accumulated on the car, I did not immediately see until today that the car hood had a very visible dent a few inches above the emblem... Once we opened the hood it was definitely dented from the inside. Looks like someone forgot a tool in there and slammed it shut right on it! Since the dent is outward and not very big, is it something easy to fix? Being the weekend I can't reach anyone at the dealer until monday.

In the meantime, I also noticed that the car now has 9700 clicks on it! Is it even remotely possible that the dealer put around 700km to test the suspension???

Needless to say I am livid....

Last edited by gp3000; 12-13-2010 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: Matter taken care of by dealer.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
gp3000
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i xDrive

UPDATE:

Dealer got back to me this morning, said to bring it in right away. The are taking care of the hood dent as I write.

Higher mileage seems to be my fault. They showed me a pic of the odo taken the day I brought it in...

I must say that I am impressed that BMW Laval took care of the matter so quickly and painlessly. I did not expect it.

Gotta give them credit. And e90post too.
Appreciate 0