E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Herb Chambers

12-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
BOSTON3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i XDrive

Herb Chambers

Just wondering if someone can recommend a SA at HC Boston. Can't even get them to call me back to schedule service...

Also, does HC normally provide BMW service loaners? The first time i needed one I was stuck with a Nissan. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
jaeck
Course III Grad Student at the TECH
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Don't expect much to HC. I asked for a loaner, they said not available until next month. I said fine, see you next month. I brought my car next month, and they said no loaner. WTF! Finally they rented a Chevy Impala. My car was E92 M3.

All SAs and Techs don't know BMW even though they work for it. They just read the service manual and follow what the picture in the manual shows.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
BOSTON3
Private
Rep

yea - recently i've been wishing i had purchased elsewhere....
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #4
BOSTON3
Private
Rep

any dealers close to the city that will offer loaners for vehicles purchased elsewhere?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 11:24 PM   #5
satin_m2c
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C

BMW Peabody is supposed to be really good... I have not tried them out yet. But after my experience at Herb Chambers I will definitely be going there.

Gave my e92 for a repair to the front bumper. They did a 9/10 job which was fine but the back right part of my car was severely scratched when I received it. It really pissed me off they didn't say anything until I got the car because it was so obvious. But aside from the idiot drivers at HC, I did have a good service advisor, and I am sure he is the one of the only good ones there. If you are stuck with HC and cannot go elsewhere, ask for Matt Krappe, his ext is 144, He is hard to get in contact with but after waiting for my car for an hour at HC to see that it was scratched, I saw that he is just constantly on the phone because he is the only one that actually works there.

Instagram: satin_m2c
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 11:33 PM   #6
KARIOKA
Rep
Drives: M4 and X5

I do all my services in Peabody, but this May they stopped giving out loaners if your car wasnt purchased from them. They do a pretty good job there except dont let them wash your car as they have scratched shit out of mine ( drying it off i guess)
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 09:23 AM   #7
virtualbong
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 MSport

Depending on the type of work being done, BMW Gallery of Norwood offers loaners but they will get a rental for you. I always talk to Kim Lexner there. She is great!
2011 BMW 550i M-Sport (Jet Black/Cinnamon Brown) - 4/30/14 | 2007 BMW 328xi e92 (Jet Black/Coral Red) - PAST | 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (Ivory White/Stone) - PAST | 2005 Acura TSX (Obsidian Black/Black) - PAST
| 1998 Acura Integra (Black/Black) - PAST
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #8
Arustik1
HYEPWR
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualbong View Post
Depending on the type of work being done, BMW Gallery of Norwood offers loaners but they will get a rental for you. I always talk to Kim Lexner there. She is great!
Kimberly eh? haha

-D
2001 M5 Jet Black / Black
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #9
lalitkanteti
Diesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Peabody has stopped giving loaners to people who didnt purchase their vehicle from them. Right now getting loaner is not important so I go there. Never had any issues from their service. SA's are good to deal with. SAs seem to be busy all the time but they do their job well.
      12-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #10
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

My SA at Peabody is great also. My car is up for the 30k mile service, and I scheduled an appointment via email 6 days out with a loaner. No hassle, no problems, the work gets done right and life is good. All I ask is they not wash my car.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #11
rja328
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xdrive coupe

I went to Peabody initially to purchase my car - 2011 328ix E92 - but unfortunately got some misinformation from the CA. He told me that the .9% financing BMW was offering in Sept/Oct didn't apply to that car. So happened that a few days later, I found myself in Boston and on a whim stopped into HC BMW. They are very competitive on pricing for new cars and said that I could get .9% so I bought the car there. The experience was good - not great but good. On a positive note, when I took delivery of my car, I was in the process of signing the final papers and the CA called me over to look at the car. He found a couple of pretty deep scratches on the driver's door - scratches that I hadn't noticed when I looked at the car. I ended up taking the car and brought it back a week later for them to do the body repair. They got me a rental. Can't tell where the scratches were. I'm happy the CA found the scratches before I took delivery of the car and found them myself.

That said, their service area is very congested - lots of cars being parked and moved around at any given time and the opportunities for mishaps seem high. As I live closer to Peabody, my plan since I bought the car was to get the service done in Peabody because, like many others, I had heard good things about them.

I was there (Peabody) last week for the Boston Chapter's BMW Car Club of America meeting and had a chance to talk for awhile with Service Manager Rob Hannafin. He told me about their new loaner policy. He said they have a fleet of about 80 loaners and just can't accommodate anything beyond the customers who purchased from them. They have a great facility - 2 actually, a few miles apart. Even with the new loaner policy, I still plan to go there for service.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #12
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rja328 View Post
I went to Peabody initially to purchase my car - 2011 328ix E92 - but unfortunately got some misinformation from the CA. He told me that the .9% financing BMW was offering in Sept/Oct didn't apply to that car. So happened that a few days later, I found myself in Boston and on a whim stopped into HC BMW. They are very competitive on pricing for new cars and said that I could get .9% so I bought the car there. The experience was good - not great but good. On a positive note, when I took delivery of my car, I was in the process of signing the final papers and the CA called me over to look at the car. He found a couple of pretty deep scratches on the driver's door - scratches that I hadn't noticed when I looked at the car. I ended up taking the car and brought it back a week later for them to do the body repair. They got me a rental. Can't tell where the scratches were. I'm happy the CA found the scratches before I took delivery of the car and found them myself.

That said, their service area is very congested - lots of cars being parked and moved around at any given time and the opportunities for mishaps seem high. As I live closer to Peabody, my plan since I bought the car was to get the service done in Peabody because, like many others, I had heard good things about them.

I was there (Peabody) last week for the Boston Chapter's BMW Car Club of America meeting and had a chance to talk for awhile with Service Manager Rob Hannafin. He told me about their new loaner policy. He said they have a fleet of about 80 loaners and just can't accommodate anything beyond the customers who purchased from them. They have a great facility - 2 actually, a few miles apart. Even with the new loaner policy, I still plan to go there for service.
I would do the same. Getting a loaner is nice, but I would much rather trade the loaner for a higher sense of confidence about the people and facilities handling my car.

X7 LCI // Incoming
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #13
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90

My experience at HC Boston is: They are not very good at fixing issues with the car. They have however always provided me with a BMW loaner as long as I schedule an appt 3 weeks in advance. Last service they returned my car with a filthy interior (significant black marks on footwells, seat and interior) They gave me a complimentary detail inside and out. Car looks new. I suggested they use plastic sleeves on the seats to help prevent this issue. The next time I went - they were using plastic sleeves on the seats. On the sales side - very competitive pricing. Just leased my second from an excellent CA there.

2015 335xi | Mineral Grey Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | NAV | SportLine | ZPP | ZDA | ZCW | Munich Build

Retired: 2008, 2011, 2013 328xi
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 11:58 PM   #14
TL
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Happy on H&R coil overs

Garage List
2008 335xi  [1.00]
OP - They did use to provide BMW loaners to me but you would have to book a few weeks in advance. Not too sure about now as I haven't been back for service since my last incident. If you do a search here you'll find many unhappy/dissatisfied customer complaining about their service department. The only good HC in the city (near the city) is, in Somerville but that's a Mercedes Benz HC.

Like what Rja328 said, the problem with HC Boston is they're space is so dam cramped. They got BMW, Mini, and Porsche all going to the same place for service. Hopefully with the new renovations next door things will change.

I would recommend going to HC Sudbury as it's a much bigger/friendlier service department. Only problem is they're also providing non BMW loaners (like american or japanese cars). I guess times are tough for BMW in Boston as they didn't even enter the International Car Show a few weeks ago
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 08:57 AM   #15
toasty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 328i

Agreed with HC benzie in Somerville, closing a deal on a c300 for my moms this week and this is a great dealership.

I've had Matt before at Norwood, he is certainly a great SA, wondered where he went off to!!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #16
blueaudi18
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 08' 335i , mb sl500

so thats where matte went.. he use to work in norwood bmw. he was my sa. good guy. Was looking for him during my last service at norwood bmw but they said he is no longer with them... hmm .. wonder what happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92snickers View Post
BMW Peabody is supposed to be really good... I have not tried them out yet. But after my experience at Herb Chambers I will definitely be going there.

Gave my e92 for a repair to the front bumper. They did a 9/10 job which was fine but the back right part of my car was severely scratched when I received it. It really pissed me off they didn't say anything until I got the car because it was so obvious. But aside from the idiot drivers at HC, I did have a good service advisor, and I am sure he is the one of the only good ones there. If you are stuck with HC and cannot go elsewhere, ask for Matt Krappe, his ext is 144, He is hard to get in contact with but after waiting for my car for an hour at HC to see that it was scratched, I saw that he is just constantly on the phone because he is the only one that actually works there.

POSTED WITH APOLOGIES FOR POOR SPELLING, GRAMMAR AND SENTENCE STRUCTURE
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #17
Higgs1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Tesla Model 3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueaudi18 View Post
so thats where matte went.. he use to work in norwood bmw. he was my sa. good guy. Was looking for him during my last service at norwood bmw but they said he is no longer with them... hmm .. wonder what happened.
oh man, sorry to bump a semi old thread but after reading this I am kinda depressed :-/ I liked Matt alot and he was a real straight shooter every time I dealt with him.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #18
thebmwjunkie
Rep
Drives: E60 525i

Ive had nothing but good experiences at HC Boston. Although I must admit I have never serviced my car there as I do that at a more local dealer to me so I cant comment on that. But I am in the process of buying my second preowned vehicle (from Mark) and he's been extremely helpful, comes in on his days off if needed, always has his cell on etc... Hopefully closing the deal on my first e90 tomorrow at HC.

2004 525i (TRADED IN)
2008 335i Jet Black / Dakota Terra, Loaded w/ 15k miles (Pick up Wednesday!)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 08:17 AM   #19
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
HC in boston is pretty constrained from a real estate perspective, so they don't typically have a lot of loaners. They do set you up with a rental car company, which is fine, unless you get stuck with a f*cking Prius.

Generally, I think HC is fine, and my SA is helpful and attentive.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #20
cyphr
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi coupe

Dropped off the awd tank yesterday at HC Sudbury for service, limp mode and CELs galore on the way in. The facility itself is very nice, clean, and the bays are huge. I can't get enough of those garage doors, they look like they're something out of star trek. It was my first time there and the staff was very friendly and prompt on getting all the paperwork handled. No BMW loaners as to be expected, and had the difficult choice between a sebring and a civic Other than that, it's been a good experience thus far. Updates to come once I get her back!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #21
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep

I hope you took the Civic!

X7 LCI // Incoming
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #22
cyphr
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
I hope you took the Civic!
Oh, I did. All 100 horse ponies of raw powah.

....another fuel pump and 6 injectors later and she's good to go. Picking her up tomorrow, I excite. Hopefully they threw in BMWs new "fixed" hpfp. Although I have to say I'll miss the Knightrider-esque black smoke screen on accel.
Appreciate 0