E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Africa > Tracking order on owners circle www.bmw.co.za

02-05-2007, 12:11 PM   #1
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 RS

Garage List
Tracking order on owners circle www.bmw.co.za

Hi ... i cant seem to find my ordered car on the website ... it has already gone into build ... can anyone in South Africa track their vehicle?

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 02:48 AM   #2
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
anyone???

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 03:28 AM   #3
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamr View Post
anyone???
I was able to track my E90 back in June 2005....but yours is made overseas.

Do they provide tracking for imported cars too? However, I think it is possible to track it, but thinking back to 2005, I don't remember seeing information that would give a clue on the status of an imported car... it seemed to me as if they only track locally assembled cars, but I could be wrong
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 08:15 AM   #4
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
ya true ... will phone the dealer and confirm

EDIT: it should be on the site and its not ... If the Dealer tell me the job card will be opened on 2 Feb 2007, he is telling they gonna start building the car ... Now im sure once they start building the car you get a VIN number ... did you get a VIN number as soon as it went into build? or did you wait for the VIN?

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS

Last edited by adamr; 02-08-2007 at 09:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2007, 02:11 PM   #5
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
ya true ... will phone the dealer and confirm

EDIT: it should be on the site and its not ... If the Dealer tell me the job card will be opened on 2 Feb 2007, he is telling they gonna start building the car ... Now im sure once they start building the car you get a VIN number ... did you get a VIN number as soon as it went into build? or did you wait for the VIN?
Well, I waited a bit for the car to appear on the tracking site.... but as soon as the car appeared on the site, I got the VIN.

BTW, congratulations... I see from your signature that you have received the VIN... from now on, progreess towards delivery will seem painfully slow hehehe... but at least you have an E92 to pilot around while waiting.
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
no sold the E92 325 ... driving a C280 merc ... beleive it or not even though the E92 has a waiting list of like 6 months the damn dealer would not even give me what i bought the car for ... did sell the car to a nice bloke from Sandton for a small profit eventually...

yeah progress is gonna be painfully slow ... everyday on this site just to see if there are more pics of the E93 or reviews ... its painful ... how did u manage to keep ur mind off the 330i ... work helps a bit ...

EDIT: ok car is showing status 5 ... delivery ... for an imported car how long should i wait? (BTW if anyone is wondering the E92 was bought off the showroom floor, someones cancelled order)

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS

Last edited by adamr; 02-13-2007 at 12:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2007, 11:31 PM   #7
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
no sold the E92 325 ... driving a C280 merc ... beleive it or not even though the E92 has a waiting list of like 6 months the damn dealer would not even give me what i bought the car for ... did sell the car to a nice bloke from Sandton for a small profit eventually...
Yep, the dealers (read stealers) are crazy with their trade-in values:mad:.... but at least you managed to sell it privately... I hope I will be able to get a private buyer for my E90 sometime next year.

Quote:
yeah progress is gonna be painfully slow ... everyday on this site just to see if there are more pics of the E93 or reviews ... its painful ... how did u manage to keep ur mind off the 330i ... work helps a bit ...
Well, while waiting for my car, I was practically on this forum everyday... learning stuff about the car... this forum is very helpful indeed.... by the time I got my car, I knew a lot more about it....and reading the Owner's Manual was just a formality.... the fact that I was very busy at work helped a lot too.... so I only got a chance to agonise about the wait after hours and on weekends.... I checked progress on the BMW Owners Circle about twice a day... they seemed to take ages to update the site too.

Quote:
EDIT: ok car is showing status 5 ... delivery ... for an imported car how long should i wait? (BTW if anyone is wondering the E92 was bought off the showroom floor, someones cancelled order)
That looks promising... unfortunately I have no idea how long delivery of an imported car takes.... either way, it can't be too long now.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2007, 08:53 AM   #8
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
ok they updated the site again ... lol .. showing status 1 ... i phoned the dealer and they gave me a cool breakdown of where in the build process it is ... so as it stands it is done with the final line assembley and awaiting plant exit ... dates have changes, but i requested the dealer to priositise the order ... does dewaxing reallly take 16 days (from the vehicle distribution centre to the dealer) ??? ... thought it was much less ...

BTW: For your M ... i think Berea City in PTA has faily good allocations on the M3 ... give em a try ... and you in PTA also ... Speak to Alwyn Jansen

EDIT: I ordered the Z4M from him and did not take it and the E92 and E93 is from Alberante

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2007, 05:48 AM   #9
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
ok they updated the site again ... lol .. showing status 1 ... i phoned the dealer and they gave me a cool breakdown of where in the build process it is ... so as it stands it is done with the final line assembley and awaiting plant exit ... dates have changes, but i requested the dealer to priositise the order ... does dewaxing reallly take 16 days (from the vehicle distribution centre to the dealer) ??? ... thought it was much less ...

BTW: For your M ... i think Berea City in PTA has faily good allocations on the M3 ... give em a try ... and you in PTA also ... Speak to Alwyn Jansen

EDIT: I ordered the Z4M from him and did not take it and the E92 and E93 is from Alberante
The status thing is a little confusing... on the time estimate, they tend to estimate more days than necessary.... I suppose they are factoring in unexpected delays.... I remember that I got my E90 a lot earlier than what they originally told me... so, let's hope yours will also be earlier than that ridiculous 16 days from the Distribution Centre.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding Berea City... however, I was thinking about Auto Bavaria in Midrand... the reason is that I prefer to buy from where I will service my car... it makes it easier to get a courtesy car, should a need arise.... as it tends to happen with the early production cars.

I've gotten disappointed with some of the Pretoria dealerships... such that I only service my car in Midrand... OK, admittedly I have not dealt with Berea City/Club Motors Berea because they are a bit far from me.

Midrand works out fine since it's on my way to and from work... I stay in PTA but work in Joburg... so far, I have been impressed with the service in Midrand... and they managed to sort out issues that my nearest dealership in Pretoria repeatedly failed to resolve.... not to mention the "I don't care" attitude fom the Service Manager himself there.

However, I will try Alwyn Jansen in Berea if the waiting list in Midrand is too long.

All the best with the wait... i know how difficult it is.... as you already know, your E93 is worth the wait.
Appreciate 0