E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > LSD and Automatic?

11-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, retired SLK55

LSD and Automatic?

Hey all,

I've been contemplating getting an LSD for quite some time now. I occasionally track my car and daily enjoy it in the bends. However, in stock form, I wasn't able to get all the power down. Tuned, it's wheelspin galore.

Now, I've read quite a few reviews. Yet, most often I find them coming from 6MT owners.

I know the benefits of LSD. I know it minimizes wheelspin. Both launch and corner exit will be faster. My question is about the fun factor. I've seen videos of drifting. I'd like to have that sort of fun too. Will I be able to experience the same in an AT?

I'd love to get some comments from people with both LSD and AT.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2010, 01:49 AM   #2
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Hi,

I have a Quaife LSD in my car for quite some time now. I use the car both for daily driving as well as occasional laps around the Nürburgring. The benefits are the same both for MT and AT: much improved traction, faster out of corners, more predictable rear end behaviour. It's totally worth it and you won't regret getting one, especially since you track your car
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #3
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbj View Post
Hey all,

I've been contemplating getting an LSD for quite some time now. I occasionally track my car and daily enjoy it in the bends. However, in stock form, I wasn't able to get all the power down. Tuned, it's wheelspin galore.

Now, I've read quite a few reviews. Yet, most often I find them coming from 6MT owners.

I know the benefits of LSD. I know it minimizes wheelspin. Both launch and corner exit will be faster. My question is about the fun factor. I've seen videos of drifting. I'd like to have that sort of fun too. Will I be able to experience the same in an AT?

I'd love to get some comments from people with both LSD and AT.

Thanks!
Transmission type makes no difference, you are going to have more fun with a good LSD installed, no questions about it!
Appreciate 0