E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Need Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers Wrench to adjust Height

11-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
MIC328i
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Need Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers Wrench to adjust Height

Does anyone happen to have the Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers Wrench to adjust Height ? Or maybe an extra set I can buy off from them ? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
MIC328i
Captain
Canada
Rep

Anyone has them to loan me? I just need some quick adjustment .. Beer on me too lol ~
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

i know normal stuff is hard to find in canada compared to us, but just go to a parts store and see if they have adjustable spanner wrenches, it will look the same with the one tooth on on the hook, but it will be hinged to allow you to use the tool on several size applications
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
kol
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92

Garage List
E92 N54  [7.50]
it's not a special tool - and I think it's the same one as KW uses...hope this expands your search!
      12-29-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
MIC328i
Captain
Canada
Rep

Thanks for your help Kevin! I will check them out tonight and you guys know of any findings.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
MIC328i
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kol View Post
it's not a special tool - and I think it's the same one as KW uses...hope this expands your search!
Yea that's what I heard, but I don't want to order that thing from the states then to find out that it doesn't work.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #7
MrSkinny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

i'll lend you mine
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 08:29 AM   #8
MIC328i
Captain
Canada
Rep

Great! Got the wrench from MrSkinny (Mad props to Skinny) and dail up my suspension today. Thanks for all the help guys, will post a review of my horrible speedstar service.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 11:40 PM   #9
99three
Banned
Rep
Drives: 993, e92, e36, F355, Z32, Jag

Just saw this thread or I'd lend you mine.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 08:09 AM   #10
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIC328i View Post
Great! Got the wrench from MrSkinny (Mad props to Skinny) and dail up my suspension today. Thanks for all the help guys, will post a review of my horrible speedstar service.
So when are you going to post the problem you had at Speedstar?

The reason is that I am going to get them to do some major mod work on my car, and would like to know as much about them as possible before it happens.

So for from what I read and heard about then is that they are very good at what they do.

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #11
MIC328i
Captain
Canada
Rep

Hi farbmw, I was going to post a more detailed story later on about their service. But since you are considering them I will just let you know what happened.

So before Christmas I took my car in to install a set of PSS9 coilovers, customer service was great as it was my first time using their service. I waited around 6 - 7 hours (it was a Saturday) until they are done with the car.

They gave me a call and to follow up and everything and also tell me to go inside the garage to check out this uneven front and back situation. When I go in, the front was tucked (probably -1 finger gap) in the front and the back was higher than stock height. So I was like can you adjust the front so that is higher cause this is actually going to be a winter setting (you can see how low the car was and how frustrated I was in the below two links I posted). I asked them three times if "the front was set at the highest?" and the owner said "Yes, they can't get it to go up anymore". I scraped so badly that I called back the week after to ask again they still say it was maxed out on height.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467261

Well it came to a point where I was so feed up I borrowed a fellow member's KW wrench and go about adjusting it myself. I was able to dial the front up at least 1.5" and now I have one finger gap while I also notice that my back was uneven on left and right so I go about adjusting that too. I set my car up perfectly myself now but I have already done an alignment there at the low ass setting that I had before, I am not even going to bother to ask for a re-alignment because I basically cannot trust them, I am pretty sure you won't if you went thru what I did. I was not sure if it was laziness or lack or knowledge or that they just simply play customers for a fool.

I posted another link below when I was adjusting the back and encountered a problem, it is a good reference for ppl that are adjusting height of coilover at the rear.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470872

Last thing is that right after I did an alignment (3 days after lowered) at speedstar I drove it up on the hwy to pickup a friend of mine, I started to notice a vibration when I go faster than 110km/h (lol don't flame me for speeding but I was just trying the suspension out, you know what I mean). So I was like what is going on and I took the car to my friend who works in Canadian Tire to check it out. They took out all 4 wheels and have them balance only finding that one of my rims is bent. Now that I have no evidence that they did cause this while test driving it, but I never had that problem before I took them in for service. So just bad luck for me and I am taking the rim in to rebarrel this coming Monday, at the end of the day, I wasted my time, money and went thru a lot of hassle without having the car to drive and enjoy during Christmas!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #12
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIC328i View Post
Hi farbmw, I was going to post a more detailed story later on about their service. But since you are considering them I will just let you know what happened.

So before Christmas I took my car in to install a set of PSS9 coilovers, customer service was great as it was my first time using their service. I waited around 6 - 7 hours (it was a Saturday) until they are done with the car.

They gave me a call and to follow up and everything and also tell me to go inside the garage to check out this uneven front and back situation. When I go in, the front was tucked (probably -1 finger gap) in the front and the back was higher than stock height. So I was like can you adjust the front so that is higher cause this is actually going to be a winter setting (you can see how low the car was and how frustrated I was in the below two links I posted). I asked them three times if "the front was set at the highest?" and the owner said "Yes, they can't get it to go up anymore". I scraped so badly that I called back the week after to ask again they still say it was maxed out on height.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467261

Well it came to a point where I was so feed up I borrowed a fellow member's KW wrench and go about adjusting it myself. I was able to dial the front up at least 1.5" and now I have one finger gap while I also notice that my back was uneven on left and right so I go about adjusting that too. I set my car up perfectly myself now but I have already done an alignment there at the low ass setting that I had before, I am not even going to bother to ask for a re-alignment because I basically cannot trust them, I am pretty sure you won't if you went thru what I did. I was not sure if it was laziness or lack or knowledge or that they just simply play customers for a fool.

I posted another link below when I was adjusting the back and encountered a problem, it is a good reference for ppl that are adjusting height of coilover at the rear.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470872

Last thing is that right after I did an alignment (3 days after lowered) at speedstar I drove it up on the hwy to pickup a friend of mine, I started to notice a vibration when I go faster than 110km/h (lol don't flame me for speeding but I was just trying the suspension out, you know what I mean). So I was like what is going on and I took the car to my friend who works in Canadian Tire to check it out. They took out all 4 wheels and have them balance only finding that one of my rims is bent. Now that I have no evidence that they did cause this while test driving it, but I never had that problem before I took them in for service. So just bad luck for me and I am taking the rim in to rebarrel this coming Monday, at the end of the day, I wasted my time, money and went thru a lot of hassle without having the car to drive and enjoy during Christmas!
Thanks for the heads up, I have some D2 coilover and M3 parts to install, I am going to have to find someone else to do that now.

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #13
n52330i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
Thanks for the heads up, I have some D2 coilover and M3 parts to install, I am going to have to find someone else to do that now.
Why not use RMP Motors.. They installed my Kw Coilovers, as well as take care of any of my cars needs!

They also know these cars inside and out, having 3 E90 Race cars they built on the go!

They also told me about this site!

I am happy with RMP!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #14
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by n52330i View Post
Why not use RMP Motors.. They installed my Kw Coilovers, as well as take care of any of my cars needs!

They also know these cars inside and out, having 3 E90 Race cars they built on the go!

They also told me about this site!

I am happy with RMP!
Yes, they are my second choice, but a member and I are swapping out a part (diff) and he likes to use Speedstar.

Appreciate 0