E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Got up the nerve to sorta "track" my car

11-21-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Got up the nerve to sorta "track" my car

We went to Supercar Sensation's last event over the weekend which was held a the ZMax Speedway in Charlotte, NC. They had a modified track set up where on one side, you can do straight runs w/some corners towards the end, and the other side was set up w/lots of turns/curves. The tracks were setup using cones, not sure how long they were.

So, my husband got to run some laps in a Lambo Gallardo, R8, and a GTR. I, after hesitating a bit, ended up running quite a few laps.......in my 335.

I must say that my car just about out performed many of the exoctics there. I didn't get a chance to actually race anyone nor did they time the runs on the straight-away, but after talking with several people about their experience and top speed, mine was right up there.

The straight run was approx 1/4 mile 'til you reached the first cone and by the second, you better be hitting the brakes as you reach the first turn - hard right. When my husband's laps ran out w/the exotics, I let him do a few in my car so I could get some feedback on how mine compared to the others (I know, no comparison to these, right?). Well, his top speed on the Lambo and the R8 averaged just under 100mph. He didn't get into it w/the GTR since it belonged to his friend and he just wanted to see how it felt.

My top speed averaged...in my car....100-105mph. In separate runs, we each hit once 110mph. There was a guy tracking his M3 (somewhere around 2000 MY) and his top speed was 105mph; not sure how many times he was able to reach it or if he was able to reach it anymore after that last run.

I took advantage of this opportunity and reset the map on my JB3, just to be sure it was pulling right. I threw an engine malfunction light after walking down a 'Vette on I85 on my way to Charlotte, so thought this was a good time to make sure everything was working right. Yup, it was.

So, I guess I can say for sure now that I'm quite satisfied with the performance of my car. And, there were quite many guys who were impressed too......especially to see a "girlie" behind the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
Quiet Money
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Pre LCI 335i TiAg

Sounds exciting! What mods do you currently have on your car and whats the highest map you run? I too, have the JB3 and am in NC. Let me know about any upcoming events similar to this if its not over yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
That is soo hottt to see a girlie bmw fanatic!!!!!! I dont see many down here in Southern FL..!!!!
LOL! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Money View Post
Sounds exciting! What mods do you currently have on your car and whats the highest map you run? I too, have the JB3 and am in NC. Let me know about any upcoming events similar to this if its not over yet.
Mods = JB3 Map 7, catless DPs, FMIC, DCI

This was the only organization that I'm familiar with that held this event and Saturday was their last day in business, but I'm sure there are others out there who do track runs; just have to search the forums or maybe google. The only reason why we were even out there was b/c my husband received a gift card for his birthday and I didn't even know they allowed people to run their own cars.
Appreciate 0