2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding New nav - traffic avoidance not working?

11-19-2010, 03:24 AM   #1
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

New nav - traffic avoidance not working?

Love the new nav system but while I can traffic reports using TMC no problem, the system never seems to do anything with them? Anybody in the UK actually seen the system alert to a traffic incident or guide them round traffic?

I've tried it with both dynamic guidance set on and off, but it just stays silent. When I go into a traffic incident on my route, (travel on the M60 - there are plenty to choose from), it displays the incident in red, but no option to avoid it?

Is this normal?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
Lukeswarm
Always Warm
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i M-Sport

On mine it says "alternative route to avoid traffic congestion" or words to that effect, but i think i clicked a radio box under options to make it come on... will look tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 04:41 AM   #3
F11Black
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 520d Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
Anybody in the UK actually seen the system alert to a traffic incident or guide them round traffic?
Yes, I had it route me off the M1 and on to regular A roads round north Watford to avoid slow moving traffic through the M25 road works. I think dynamic routing was set on in the options. I didn't see if it changed its mind during the journey but it would not normally pick that route.

I guess it isn't worthwhile enough to route around slow moving traffic very often.

You also get a red triangle on the left side of the nav screen to alert you to slow traffic which is on your route.

Last edited by F11Black; 11-20-2010 at 05:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 07:52 AM   #4
Lukeswarm
Always Warm
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i M-Sport

Yep, it warns you on the sat nav, dashboard, verbally... pretty slick IMHO
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Cheers peeps. I've not had it warn me yet. Maybe it's just bad luck that no better routes were available yet, but tom-tom HD traffic had loads of alternatives. I get the red icon on the left, but no routing.
Appreciate 0