E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Adaptive Headlamp Malfunction...CPO problem

11-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
cheechman7
Still learning
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92

Exclamation Adaptive Headlamp Malfunction...CPO problem

History on my car - I've owned it for about 3.5 months, 5k miles. About 41k on the car now. I purchased it CPO from a BMW dealer in Rochester NY. The car had been in a "what i was told fender bender" a few months prior to my purchase.

I brought in my CPO 07 335i coupe for a "adaptive headlamp malfunction" indication. Turns out the fender bender was more than a front bumper replacement and the headlamp had been cracked and glued back together. Apparently there are little peices of broken plastic from the lens cover inside and there is a small crack still open which has allowed water into the light causing the motor for the adaptive headlamp to fail. My local dealer says they will not cover the lamp, it isn't a product defect, but a result from the accident it was in...$1,700 to replace/repair.

Two questions:
a) Other than complain to the dealer where i bought the CPO car, is there another way to contact BMW corporate to create a case? IMO the car shouldn't have been Certified with a jerry-rigged headlamp, and i am hoping that BMW will cover this remedy.

b) Is there a way to turn off the constant reminder on my dash? Before i took it in to the dealer, i would get a notification "!" and it would beep once, then go away. Now it beeps once, but the "!" stays all the time. I have the push the button on my blinker lever to even see the time on my navigation and it only last 5 secs and goes back the my "adaptive headlamp malfunction" reminder.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
blacknbean
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

when buying a CPO the car should be in like-new state. if anything is broken it must be fixed, it states so on the bmw site. if they knew about the accident and repair then they must fix it as the accident was before it was CPO'd. the dealer is just being shady and doesnt want to eat the cost since its not a warranty repair. you'll have to work with the dealer that you bought it from and if they dont fix, goto BMWNA and complain. good luck.
Appreciate 0