E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Zymol Users

01-30-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
UK Zymol Users

Rather than highjack the new car wax thread...

What products are you using, and from where?

I've been using HD-Cleanse and Z3 wax since the car was new, but they seem to have discontinued Z3. What would you guys recommend to replace it? I also use the leather treat and window cleaner.

Originally I bought from Sprtscarworld (or something like that) until Vertar took over, and have been using them since.

A couple of very old shots from when the E46 was almost a month old:
Attached Images

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2007, 01:06 AM   #2
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post
Rather than highjack the new car wax thread...

What products are you using, and from where?

I've been using HD-Cleanse and Z3 wax since the car was new, but they seem to have discontinued Z3. What would you guys recommend to replace it? I also use the leather treat and window cleaner.

Originally I bought from Sprtscarworld (or something like that) until Vertar took over, and have been using them since.

A couple of very old shots from when the E46 was almost a month old:
What sort of costs are we talking about for Zymol wax?
      01-31-2007, 02:35 AM   #3
red355
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: RS4 Avant V8

Garage List
Lemm Clay

HD Cleanse

Ti Wax (Contains 51% Carnauba Wax (80% Yellow 20% White by Volume))

I bought a kit about 5 years ago..I think in total it was a about £100. I have replaced the HD Cleanse (chocolate sauce).
Probably just about last thru 2007

This is after one application...probably will be able to add more until it warms up in the spring. Probably end up Claying the car then starting from base layer.

If you look near the 335D badge you can see I hadn't fully smoothed out the wax.

Past¦E92 335D Evolved (but still dull) ¦ Boxster S ¦ E46 328!SE ¦ E36 325! coupe ¦ E30 325! sport ¦ MINI Cooper S
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2007, 03:05 AM   #4
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
£100 seems reasonable enough. Does the HD Cleanse basically just strip the old wax off and prepare the surface?
      01-31-2007, 03:32 AM   #5
NathanJT
Techie Geek
England
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport Manual

Pretty much yeah.

But you're better to start off using Lemm Clay as you'd be amazed at the amount of impurities that gets out of the paint! It also leaves the car feeling silky smooth. Just remember... If you drop it on the floor... chuck it in the bin!

I basically clean the car down and then Clay, HD Cleanse, Maguire's Polish (nice hard finish) and then build up the layers of Swissol, applying by hand. I also find the Maguires wheel cleaner is very good. It's citrus based so doesn't damage the lacquer on the wheels.

Can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can get on with it!

Last edited by NathanJT; 01-31-2007 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2007, 09:13 AM   #6
red355
Captain
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
£100 seems reasonable enough. Does the HD Cleanse basically just strip the old wax off and prepare the surface?
£105
Zymol Carbon Starter Kit (Vinyl Version) - Features

* The essential items to complete the basic process in one kit.
* Contains Zymol Carbon Wax 226g; Zymol Carbon Wax contain 37% yellow grade Carnauba by volume that increases depth of shine and reflection.
* Zymol Clear Auto Bathe 250ml; - A unique combination of pure tallow, pure coconut essence oil conditioners and lemon extracts, this product cleans and cares for your car without the need for sodium or solvents. Zymol Clear Auto Bathe will release and remove surface grime without removing the protective wax layer.
* Zymol HD-Cleanse 250ml; - A very, important second step in protecting your car's finish prior to first time application of wax and for maintaining the lustre throughout the life of ownership. Zymol HD-Cleanse will remove any dead, oxidized paint, light oxidization, moderate scratches, accumulated road film, light tar and acid rain deposits. Zymol HD-Cleanse renews your original paint lustre without the use of harsh chemicals or stripping back paint.
* Pre-Wax Applicators x 2; For the application of Zymol HD-Cleanse and your complimentary bottle of conditioner.
* Zymol Microwipe x 1; for buffing of the wax without removing it from the paintwork.
* Wax Applicator x 1, to apply the wax evenly over the surface of the paintwork and is silicone free!

'FREE' bottle of Zymol Leather Conditioner 250ml (a solvent-free, banana-oil and collagen-based feeding product that releases trapped solvents and restores moisture to keep your leather looking, feeling, and smelling like new.)

bit more for Titanium Wax £125 with leather treat included

i was given some Lemm clay
but its £22 quid for a bar

Past¦E92 335D Evolved (but still dull) ¦ Boxster S ¦ E46 328!SE ¦ E36 325! coupe ¦ E30 325! sport ¦ MINI Cooper S
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2007, 12:08 PM   #7
Prestige Audio
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

I had my last car detailed my www.miracledetail.co.uk for a magazine shoot - he used some ludicrously expensive products but as he is a mate of mine, did it as a favour!

http://www.miracledetail.co.uk/auto-....html?carID=11
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2007, 06:58 AM   #8
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
red355 your pic above shows the zymol auto bath which I guess is the soapy stuff for washing the car first. I use the swissol car bath which is pretty much the same thing. However, my question is... after the car is washed and rinsed down, what do you use to dry it? I have always used a chamois leather, but I think Swissol actually recommend just using a cotton towel, as a chamois leather can be a bit harsh on the wax???

Yesterday I decided to buy a couple of cheap bath towels and dry the car with those. They seemed to work quite well, but just wondered what everyone else does?
      02-04-2007, 10:58 AM   #9
red355
Captain
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
red355 your pic above shows the zymol auto bath which I guess is the soapy stuff for washing the car first. I use the swissol car bath which is pretty much the same thing. However, my question is... after the car is washed and rinsed down, what do you use to dry it? I have always used a chamois leather, but I think Swissol actually recommend just using a cotton towel, as a chamois leather can be a bit harsh on the wax???

Yesterday I decided to buy a couple of cheap bath towels and dry the car with those. They seemed to work quite well, but just wondered what everyone else does?
The zymol auto bath does not last very long perhaps 8 washes.
Before I did the zymol treatment I washed the car with wahat ever was in teh cupbaord then used the Lemm clay to get rid of any surface pips & bits.
Then washed again just using fresh water. the surface has to be totally dry before applying the HD-Cleanse.
I tend to chammy the car off then let it air dry..gives your arm/elbow chance to recover then apply the HD-cleanse then the wax.

I like to do it over a weekend when I am not using the car.

For towel the Zymol ones are nice but I got a bale of about 12 small face towels from Dunelm for the same price.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 03:36 AM   #10
NathanJT
Techie Geek
England
Rep

Just to continue my string of new car bad luck I managed the following on Saturday morning:

Against my normal wisdom I decided that because the car was getting so filthy in the current weather, and because I simply didn't have time this weekend to clean it myself. I decided to use one of the DIY cleaning stations at my local Sainsbury's.

I'll never put my car through a car wash, but as a last resourt I will occasionally use one of these.

BIG MISTAKE!!!

After finishing and driving home I got out of the (now dry) car and nearly passed out with shock! My wife wondered what the hell could be so wrong.

Basically the "hot foam brush" (which I did blast off with the pressure lance before use) must have picked up a piece of grit. My nice shiny black bonnet now looked like Torvil and Dean had been practicing on it!

So, after the initial panic had subsided, out came the clay and Zymol Carbon. 40 minutes later, no scratches and a nice shiny bonnet again.

Ok, so from certain (very obtuse) angles you can still see very faint lines in the paintwork, but you really have to be looking and probably know they're there!

I'm honestly amazed at the result as I really did think it was going to be a trip to see how much a re-spray would cost.

So, moral of this story? Never second guess your instincts and ALWAYS clean your car yourself, with your own equipment!!!
      02-08-2007, 06:58 AM   #11
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Just had the following from Vertar:

As a valued customer of Vertar car care products, I thought you might like to be the first to know of some amazing offers now available on Zymol’s top glazes.

Zymol Royale Glaze, retails at £7,118 and is available on 0% APR Interest Free Credit* at just £593.17 per month over 12 months.

Zymol Vintage Glaze
, retails at £1,852 and is also available on 0% APR Interest Free Credit* at just £308.67 per month over 6 months.

Note: Both of these waxes are refillable for life free of charge.

So who's gonna go first?

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 07:00 AM   #12
NathanJT
Techie Geek
England
Rep

ummmmmm, naah, you're alright!
      02-08-2007, 07:04 AM   #13
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post
Just had the following from Vertar:

As a valued customer of Vertar car care products, I thought you might like to be the first to know of some amazing offers now available on Zymol’s top glazes.

Zymol Royale Glaze, retails at £7,118 and is available on 0% APR Interest Free Credit* at just £593.17 per month over 12 months.

Zymol Vintage Glaze
, retails at £1,852 and is also available on 0% APR Interest Free Credit* at just £308.67 per month over 6 months.

Note: Both of these waxes are refillable for life free of charge.

So who's gonna go first?
That wax costs more per month than my car
Appreciate 0