E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > New to the forum, Have questions about BMW performance aero kits

11-06-2010, 12:38 AM   #1
N55
ⒸⒺⓇⓉⓘⒻⒾⒺⒹ✬ⓃⒾⓃⒿⒶ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 🚀

Garage List
Question New to the forum, Have questions about BMW performance aero kits

Hi, All I have been a long time lurker. This is my second BMW I had a 08 E90 and traded it in last month for a 2011 e90. Anyways, Someone backed up into the front of my car in a parking lot and I was looking to upgrade to a BMW performance bumper. I have some questions though. I would probably just get the front aero bumper for now and get the rest later.
Here is the link: http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemVi...nterid=2063501
Here are the questions:
1. What is HWS that is listed with the front bumper?
2. If I get this installed and painted by a BMW certified auto body shop will it be covered under bmw warranty still? (The shop says it is BMW certified, dealer recommended it, but it is not listed on BMW's site as a certified shop.
3. What is the cooling package that is listed on the bottom of the parts list? Is it like a BMW performance intake? what is it? I am so confused.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #2
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

hws headlamp washer system cooling kit is for the front brakes probably because the air ducts are in a different position, m front bumper also needs duct kit
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #3
TexasBmw11
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

I was just in your shoes last week. i actually got my Aerodynamic bumper yesterday. The Ducts are required and they feed air to your brakes. I paid $900 for the Bumper and the Air ducts for my 2011 E90 Lci. The shop is charging me $650 to paint and install which is kind of expensive but my insurance paid and yes it should be under Bmw warranty. Let me know if u have any other questions
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
N55
ⒸⒺⓇⓉⓘⒻⒾⒺⒹ✬ⓃⒾⓃⒿⒶ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 🚀

Garage List
Thanks acer and texas for clarifying this to me! Also Texas mind if you post some pics after it is done? I got the estimate and it was $2100 for a new OEM bumper, kidney grills and to pop a little 6" wide 1/2" deep dent out and repaint my hood. Total parts was $571 total labor $1521! Mine came out to about the same as yours to repaint and install the bumper. But their insurance is paying, I just have to pay the difference for the performance bumper which is only $300 ish ha.

Also one more quick total noob question to anyone that can answer: So I can't get an appointment at the shop I want until December 20. Since they are repainting the hood and bumper, would you think that it would be a good idea to wait to have it painted until after the snow? I figure the salt on the roads wouldn't be so good for the paint. I also have to wait 30 days after the painting to have my TST teflon paint sealant put back on the car. Grrr!
Appreciate 0