E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Hit and run at Pacific Mall...but saved by 3M!

10-29-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

Hit and run at Pacific Mall...but saved by 3M!

So from another thread (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436867) I was thinking of getting 3M for my rear bumper.

Yeah I am totally getting it now. After almost getting t-boned by a kid driving a riced up Honda Civic in the parking lot (he was ripping it through the parking lot and went through a stop sign), I found parking and parked pretty much next to no one...

...so when the guy in front came to park, he naturally kept driving up until his bumper hits mine. Long story short, he ends up scuffing my front bumper, then driving away like nothing happened (I even watched him drive away). Luckily the 3M actually did its job. Ended up with a bit of dirt transfer from his car and a nice scuff mark on my 3M that I was lucky to be able to get out.

So yeah, I'm getting my rear bumper done with 3M now too. ...and using Zip Car next time I try parking anywhere in Pacific Mall (the parking lot was practically EMPTY! How the heck does someone manage to do this in an empty parking lot?!!!!!)
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 12:18 AM   #2
Andy1991
Perfect
Rep
Drives: Gonna be the fastest N54 xi AT

sorry to hear that. I am also very picky about parking spot since there are too many new drivers around pmall. Sometimes I even heard horrible stories about hit & run or scratches on people's cars. Too bad you cannot prevent it but at least you got 3M to protect your car lol

Also I hate people who don't mind opening the door. So far I got a door ding on the passenger's side. Sux.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
So from another thread (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436867) I was thinking of getting 3M for my rear bumper.

Yeah I am totally getting it now. After almost getting t-boned by a kid driving a riced up Honda Civic in the parking lot (he was ripping it through the parking lot and went through a stop sign), I found parking and parked pretty much next to no one...

...so when the guy in front came to park, he naturally kept driving up until his bumper hits mine. Long story short, he ends up scuffing my front bumper, then driving away like nothing happened (I even watched him drive away). Luckily the 3M actually did its job. Ended up with a bit of dirt transfer from his car and a nice scuff mark on my 3M that I was lucky to be able to get out.

So yeah, I'm getting my rear bumper done with 3M now too. ...and using Zip Car next time I try parking anywhere in Pacific Mall (the parking lot was practically EMPTY! How the heck does someone manage to do this in an empty parking lot?!!!!!)
You took a BMW to Pacific Mall?

Are you nuts lol. The only time I've been there it was 12 at night on a Thursday at a hot pot place...even then I was scared of parking in an asian mall.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
okevino
MR x.
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 335is DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post

Are you nuts lol. The only time I've been there it was 12 at night on a Thursday at a hot pot place...even then I was scared of parking in an asian mall.
what's so scary about it.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
Doctor T
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EB 430i xDrive, AW E90 LCI M-S

Um, I was there last night in a Honda Civic... (seriously, but it was my father-in-laws car and I was with my family and it's not riced up) Sorry, to hear about the hit and run. I'm considering the 3M bumper treatment now too.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
dassub
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 328xi sport line

Garage List
Quote:

Posh Auto Shine ftw
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 08:07 PM   #7
Rome
:))))))
Germany
Rep
Drives: reckless

i woulda chased him, and beat the SHIT out of him

2007 BMW 328i -
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #8
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep
Drives: black on black

I've also witnessed a hit (and run?) in an empty Safeway parking lot. Lady in a camry backs into another car, the ONLY car in a 100 feet radius. I guess people become less alert and aware when they think they are inside an empty parking space.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 09:45 PM   #9
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

Quote:

Lol yes, I've learned my lesson.

I think the only place worse than parking at an Asian mall is parking along anywhere along Spadina or Dundas (near the Spadina and Dundas intersection...which coincidentally happens to be Chinatown...)

I saw a woman the day before trying to help her friend parallel park a Honda Fit (yes, the thing is like the size of golf cart!) by getting out of the car...and the driver still managed to hit the car behind her...which was also another Honda Fit.

Which is why I walk to Chinatown. It takes 30 mins for me but it's totally worth it.

And sam, I think you're right. I was at a restaurant in Markham (Hwy 7 and Kennedy) and I saw a woman almost drive into another car. The parking lot was pretty much empty. She had to back up twice to avoid hitting the car. *palm -> face*
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 01:45 AM   #10
chango335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 35i Luxury, C450 AMG

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [0.00]
damn that sucks!

Pacific Mall is too ghetto...I'm always nervous whenever I park at that mall.
      11-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #11
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Just a car

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
Recently I got 2 door dings on my Q5 already 1 from dontown T&T and 1 from the Chinese plaza at Finch & Milliken
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #12
E90MTL
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '07 E90

So the asians in Montreal aren't the only bad asian drivers... no offense intended to anyone.... lmao.

I thought it was only a small pocket of the asian community in the Richmond Hill area that was bad... and I mean BAD.

Per vox illic est haud terminus
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #13
redfox
INSTAGRAM: @yaasplease
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M4

Quote:

That's a pretty bold generalization. You are stereotyping, don't you think? i have experienced two hit and runs personally on Queen street. Both times witnesses told me afterwards, and both times they were of the fair skinned type drivers. Not sure what conclusion you can draw from Pacific mall parking lots, except for that it's crazy busy with tiny spots, which means, park at your own risk. If anything, Asians, as you refer to it, are so anal about keeping their stuff in good shape that they refuse to take the plastic wrappings off!

I found the comment lacked common sense, just my 2c.

Last edited by redfox; 11-01-2010 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #14
james426
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 323i Sedan

Hey I'm chinese and can honestly say the older asian generation (born in HK, China, whatever) would have trouble parking a bicycle in a wide open handicap parking spot let alone a car in one.

Some experiences at Pacific Mall alone:

1) About 10 years ago or so my ex-civic was on the recieving end of a hit and run. My car had a fibre glass mugen kit and of course cracked from it

2) About 3 months ago I pulled in a spot, got out, and watched an older couple (like 60+ yrs old) open their door as if no cars were next to them and wack, right into the camry next to 'em.

3) My friend's integra was hit by a hit and run car.

4) My friend's integra was AGAIN hit by a hit and run car (seperate incident lol!)
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 10:36 PM   #15
redfox
INSTAGRAM: @yaasplease
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M4

Wouldn't that apply to all older people? It just so happens we don't frequent any spots where a lot of non-Asian older people hang out, and non-Asian older people don't go to Pac Mall.

It's the sampling data, which is very skewed, hence drawing conclusions from it won't be meaningful. You want to see if Asians are truly bad drivers, then you need to have a sample pool of people from random races and ages brackets. Pac Mall is not it. Reminds me of the old saying that all Chinese people are good at math. The person who said it obviously has never been to Asia. The majority of Asians who immigrated to Canada have decent family backgrounds either through education, business or politics, hence smarter than the general population. Again, problem with the sample data. You get my point.

Last edited by redfox; 11-01-2010 at 10:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #16
james426
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 323i Sedan

Fair enough - my wife is terrible at math lol
Appreciate 0