E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Is my front swaybar connected or disconected?

10-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
rodolfo
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 2008 White

Is my front swaybar connected or disconected?

Hi,

I have FK coilovers.

A few days ago, my front swaybar endlinks got loose, and were doing the knocking sound.

I went to the shop, and they re-tighten them.

The knocking sound is gone, but now the car feels different

THE FRONT FEELS WITH ALOT OF GRIP, AND THE CAR DIVES MORE IN THE FRONT WHEN TURNING HARD. and the rear inner wheel fills like it floats abit and the weak LSD doesnt let me accelerate out of the corner.

Before, the car didnt seem to dive so much, and this problem was not that sever.

My question is, if my front swaybar is working correctly? or did the shop tighten it incorrectly, and the swaybar is not doing its work?

Does the front swaybar provide less dive, or more dive with more front grip?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
jzepeda
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 Dinan Stage 2

I'm not a technical person but if you have an LSD you probably need a better rear swaybar if your still running a stock one, also did you change out the bushings for the rear? Tightening the end link won't change anything as there is no adjustment (if they are factory) but if you have after market end links, some can be adjust to compensate for a lowered car. I would talk to Harold from HP Autowerks and get his opinion. You can also check your coilovers and play with the rebound adjust settings. this will help wheel hop or traction on hard corners. did this same shop install your coilovers? if so i would check the rest of your suspension that was modified an re-torque everything just to be safe. If your swaybar wasn't working you be floating around corners and would probably feel really awkward and/or scared, so I doubt it just your swaybar being loose. These are just my opinion and again i'm not a technical suspension expert.

hope this helps.

heres a link to HP Autowerks adjustable endlinks

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331670
Appreciate 0