E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Camber and toe settings for the road track?

10-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
CBR335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335

Camber and toe settings for the road track?

Hey guys, I have Koni FSDs and Eibach prings installed and woul like to get recommendations for front and rear camber and toe that works well for the occasional track day. FYI, I don't have camber plates in the front and I've got the stock end-links in the rear. E92 09 335.

Also, I've read that a bit of negative camber can be squeezed out of the front. Is this true? I've noticed the strut tower is slotted.....

Ideas for the occasional weekend warrior?
      10-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Occasional track? OEM alignment settings. I didn't start seeing a lot of unfavorable camber wear on the tires until about half a dozen track events a year, and it didn't REQUIRE track specific camber settings until I've got about 50 days on track under my belt.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
jippii ensio
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

You need to remove the alignment pin in the top of the front strut. You drill it out then you move the strut in the slotted holes to adjust the camber. You will get almost as much negative camber as with installing m3 wishbones, around -0.8. It is still very reasonable and modest for a daily driver. This simple mod helps to fight the understeer.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #4
CBR335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippii ensio View Post
You need to remove the alignment pin in the top of the front strut. You drill it out then you move the strut in the slotted holes to adjust the camber. You will get almost as much negative camber as with installing m3 wishbones, around -0.8. It is still very reasonable and modest for a daily driver. This simple mod helps to fight the understeer.
Thanks, this is what I did today. Believe it or not, only one pin had to be removed to get -0.75 on both sides. With the pin intact, the lowering from the Eibach springs was enough to push it negative on the driver's side. The other side had to be popped to get to -0.75 degrees. Went with 0 toe as well on the front and stock toe (0.8 I believe) on the rear with -2 degrees of camber.