BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

EXXEL Distributions

10-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
Mrbojangles
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3- Melbourne RED-

Need some local Minnesota help :)

Hey everyone, a couple of friends and I are going to Minnesota this weekend to catch the Vikings vs the Cowboys. I was wondering if anyone can help us out with places to go, things to do .

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 02:18 AM   #2
ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

Hey man glad to help. I would also suggest posting on the official Minnesota chat thread. Here are some must dos/sees in the twin cities

Food

1) Breakfast - Hit up either Hell's Kitchen or Key's in Downtown Minneapolis. I would pick Hell's kitchen as it is great. I would highly recommmend getting a reservation well in advance.

2) Bars - There are a bunch of nice bars on Nicollet mall in downtown. Definitely pay a visit to the Local and Brit's. For more nightlife, go down Hennepin and 1st avenue in downtown. Be warned that some of these places are younger places with 18 year olds and college kids. My personal recommendations are SEVEN (japanese lounge) and Solera (Spanish Tapas Bar). In the warehouse district, check out the Loop.

3) Uptown Minneapolis - This is my favourite area. Definitely go to Williams, Stella's Fish Cafe, and the Uptown Cafeteria. Uptown has a slightly more yuppy feel to it, but it has more character than downtown IMHO. Chino Latino is also a great bar/restaurant to hang out.

4) Restaurants - I would highly recommend trying to get a reservation at the 112 eatery in downtown Minneapolis. This is one of my favourite restaurants and it has a great continental menu.

5) Burgers - Minnesota is famous for its juicy lucys. Basically a burger where the patty has cheese cooked into the middle. The best places to get these are Matt's Bar in Minneapolis and either Shamrock's or the Nook in St. Paul. I am not too familiar with other places to see/things to do in St. Paul

6) Sights - If you have time, I would definitely go to the Walker Art Museum that is close to downtown Minneapolis. I would also check out the Lake Calhoun area.

If you have some general idea on what you would like to do, then maybe I can be more specific in my recommendations. I hope you enjoy the twin cities.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0