2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) Critical questions....

10-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
bfv
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bajaj Auto Rickshaw

Critical questions....

Getting my mind set on a European Delivery of:

- 528i- Dark Graphite Metallic
- Premium 1 with Beige leather
- Dark wood trim
- Heated front seats
- Multi-contour seats
- Navigation
- Rear-view camera & park distance control
- Xenon headlights & adaptive light control

Before I contact a dealer....I have following questions (I am not sure dealers know enough....):

1) Can USB port that comes with navigation system play music tracks from a USB drive? I don't want Hi-fi music system, but want the ability to play music from USB drive.

2) Will I be able to connect an android (SAMSUNG VIBRANT) phone with above mentioned configuration via USB(for contacts/music stored in the phone etc.)? The fact that I don't have an iphone renders the smartphone integration & iphone/pod adapter useless. I guess Bluetooth will import contacts and use the phone to make calls, but music stored in the phone will have to play through the USB.

3) Multiple security deposits (MSDs) are not allowed in NY state. If I deal with a dealer outside NY state, can I still register the car in NY- DMV?

4) Does Beige leather upholstery come with black carpet or beige carpet? Sounds stupid...but I see photos of the car with beige leather and black carpet and some photos with Beige seats and Beige carpet. A Beige carpet will become dirty quickly......will welcome Beige seats and black carpet.

5) Is Destination & Acquisition fee added to ED invoice price for leased cars? If so, how much is the destination & acquisition fees, respectively?

6) Do dealers agree to ED invoice price plus their markup (500-1500 USD) or just take off 12 % off US MSRP?

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THE CAR COLOR, PACKAGES ETC. (I CAN CHECK ALL OPTIONS AND BE DONE WITH IT BUT HAVE TO WATCH THE SHRINKAGE OF THE WALLET AS WELL)......PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PROVIDE ME

V

Last edited by bfv; 10-04-2010 at 08:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #2
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Hi, i think that the black beige you are referring to is actually oyster/black. Beige comes with beige carpets.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #3
bfv
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Hi eaglesrest,

Thanks. I think it was hard for me to recognize oyster from beige from the pics. V
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
listerone
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 540d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfv View Post
1) Can USB port that comes with navigation system play music tracks from a USB drive? I don't want Hi-fi music system, but want the ability to play music from USB drive.
If you're talking about the port in the center console rather than the one in the glove box the one in my '09 "d" can.However,it could well be different in the new F10...I think those who already own one are best qualified to answer definitively.
Formerly: 2009 335d
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
bdardashti
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 135i

1) I'm pretty sure it won't. That's just for importing music into the hard drive. You'll need the $400 iPod/USB adapter for that.

2) Once you get the iPod/USB, if your phone connects to a computer as if it was a USB key, then the iDrive system should see it and allow you to see the folders, etc. or browse by artist/genre/etc if tags are imbedded into your music. Bluetooth will transfer your contacts to iDrive, and will let you make phone calls. If your phone also has A2DP (Bluetooth stereo streaming), it will allow you to stream to the car's system as well. (For September 2010 onwards production)

3) I'm from Canada so I'm not familiar with the laws. But I've read people buying out of state...

4) Not sure; but beige and oyster are definitely different. Oyster is much lighter than beige.

5) Again, not sure on US specifics.

6) I've heard people getting $x above ED invoice, so I don't see why not.

Hope that helps!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 06:13 AM   #6
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

1) & 2) I concur with bdardashti.
3) If you live in NY then I suspect that the restrictions will still hold true, regardless of where you buy it. This is a question better answered by BMW FS, not the Internet.
4) Oyster/black comes with black carpet.
5) I don't know what fees you are referring to. Are these the lease fees? In which case, yes.
6) Depends on the dealer and how they like to work it.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 06:19 AM   #7
mlai
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 650GC/E93M3/Lexus LS600HL

Garage List
I am using the Samsung Galaxy S with my F10 550i (July build). The F10 will only sync the phonebook on the SIM in the Galaxy S. Supposed to be a Limitation of the Galaxy S. But then, already better than the other android which doesn't support SAP.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #8
E60orBust
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: "The Brothers //M-Sport" E90/2

I just ordered a 120GB USB drive from Newegg and will let you know tonight if the glove box works solo.

2) Will I be able to connect an android (SAMSUNG VIBRANT) phone with above mentioned configuration via USB(for contacts/music stored in the phone etc.)? The fact that I don't have an iphone renders the smartphone integration & iphone/pod adapter useless. I guess Bluetooth will import contacts and use the phone to make calls, but music stored in the phone will have to play through the USB.
My Samsung Omnia i8910 works perfectly, but didn't read a thing on my old E60. However, my phone runs Symbian and the phone you listed runs Android so your mileage may vary. I can say that any music stored on the phone's internal memory (not SD card) gets picked up by the iDrive when connected to the arm-rest USB port.

4) Does Beige leather upholstery come with black carpet or beige carpet? Sounds stupid...but I see photos of the car with beige leather and black carpet and some photos with Beige seats and Beige carpet. A Beige carpet will become dirty quickly......will welcome Beige seats and black carpet.
Those are two different options. One is Oyster over black and the other is Oyster/Oyster. I'll post a picture of my E90 when I get home. That one is Space Gray with Oyster over black.
      10-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #9
E60orBust
Captain
United_States
Rep

Update. Glove box would not read music to play. It only gave me an option to import. I have to reformat the new USB hard drive as FAT32 because NTFS won't cooperate with the iDrive. I have to jump through some hoops because it only gives me an option for NTFS or exFAT (FAT64). My USB Thumbdrive which is FAT32 worked right away in the arm-rest port.

Below is a picture of my E90 interior: Oyster over Dakota.
Attached Images

10-06-2010, 10:22 PM   #10
bfv
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Great help

Hey E60orBust,

Thanks a million for help. Now, I've answers to all my questions. V
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 10:23 PM   #11
bfv
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

thanks everyone for looking into and replying to my concerns. V
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #12
E60orBust
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfv View Post
Hey E60orBust,

Thanks a million for help. Now, I've answers to all my questions. V
No problem. Nothing thing worse than waiting another 6 weeks to get what you really want.
      11-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #13
JZWU
Rep
Drives: 2005 330Cic

OP, I am thinking about pretty much the same car, color and options, but with Cinnamon interior color, the ipod/USB adaptor and rear AC control, no Nav. or parking control. Hopefully the darker Cinnamon color is easier to keep clean (hide dirt).

Did you put in the order yet? How long does it take to receive the car?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 06:43 AM   #14
bfv
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZWU View Post
OP, I am thinking about pretty much the same car, color and options, but with Cinnamon interior color, the ipod/USB adaptor and rear AC control, no Nav. or parking control. Hopefully the darker Cinnamon color is easier to keep clean (hide dirt).

Did you put in the order yet? How long does it take to receive the car?
Hi,

I am in process of putting the order. pm me so we can discuss further.
Appreciate 0