E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > BMW performance suspension question

10-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
edvc520
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

BMW performance suspension question

Hi.. I see tischer's perfomance suspension is on sale..
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462
But my car is non sport, do i really those guide support? stabilizer bar?
I'm planning to buy them just to lower with Eibach..
Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
brocklanders
Major
Rep
Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
i have both eibach sportline shock spring combo and the performance suspension sitting in my garage. i wasnt sure what shocks i was going to use until i compared them, the performance struts piston is 1.5" longer then the eibach. they are both made by sachs and they look identical otherwise. if i were you i would get the eibach dro dampers and not chance premature strut wear. and for the guide supports i would buy the ones tischer recommends even with the eibach suspension because they are the zsp version which is heavier duty then the non zsp (standard suspension).

Last edited by brocklanders; 10-03-2010 at 12:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
MacBlack335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

I had the same question. Does it really "require" the Stab bars or is that just the best setup for handling?

The other question is how much the drop would be with the Eibach's and the Performance suspension compared to the Stock Suspension.

I dont want to get the Performance springs because of the stronger spring rate and I think
it lowers the car just a little too much in the rear.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2010, 12:14 AM   #4
brocklanders
Major
Rep
Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
do you mean stock standard or stock sport, because from what i understand the eibachs will be lower then the performance springs buy almost an inch. and you would have to email tischer for the stabilizer question, im not even positive what they mean i think its a sway bar and if thats the case then i dont see why you would have to change it. the rear could cost up to $600 or more for labor depending on where you go. and thats just not worth it.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
MacBlack335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Thanks, and you are correct I was referring to the sway bars...

I dont want the Eibachs because they lower the rear too much. Looks like you are packing a load in the back.

I did send a note to Tischer about the sway bars, no reply as of yet. My guess is this is a good setup for handling, but is it required for fitment.
I dont see how that would be, but who knows.

I have stock suspension now and want to get the Performance package from them and iuse the OEM Sport Springs. I think it will give a good solid ride and obtain the height I'm looking for.

Thanks for the reply.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #6
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

I just installed the Perf shocks, M3 front control arms/ tension rods, and the mandatory guide rods. I had the car aligned properly and was able to get -1.5 camber up front and all other specs stock.

The car handles awesome. Turn in and front end grip is much improved, the ride is sporty and comfortable (the stock sport shocks were dead at 85,000 miles).

I was going to do a rear sway bar as well, but no I don't feel I need to- oversteer happens if I push it as it is, which I like.

My car has a 3.64 lsd rear, and power on oversteer is easy now coming out of a corner if I exit hard.

I am pleased with the suspension. The car rides and handles very well and is a great all around balance of comfort and sport.