E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Video showing iDrive Map

09-13-2005, 03:52 AM   #1
MB
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Video showing iDrive Map

I'm new to this forum so apologises in advance if this is already on the forum - I've looked and can't find anything.
Is there a video download available which shows the Navigation / Map functionality within the iDrive Prof system. I'm based in the UK and can't find anything on UK boards. Also if anyone who has the system and could let me know how easy it is to read/use when driving I would appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2005, 08:42 AM   #2
Josh325
Rep
Drives: 325Lux auto idrive

the idrive system is verry logical. So you can find the way it works by yourself. You have 2 screens with different maps view and simple arrow with info. You can get info on your destinations like time it'll take to arrive, hotel, restaurants .. You don't have to stop looking at the road to see the map and select your destination. And you are allways abble to see the map even with a big sun. It's verry important because the vocal is not always verry correct.
      09-14-2005, 04:56 AM   #3
MB
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

thanks for that
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2005, 05:53 AM   #4
garethpeate
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325iSE (E90)

Technically, there's three screens - the far right is the 'assistance window' (contains maps or arrows or whatever you like really and is always visible, even if you're on the CD menu or watching TV, etc). The main screen contains the map (top down or perspective view), and to the far left, there's a set of icons to carry out common tasks (turn navigation on/off, turn voice output on/off, switch map view, turn on points of interest, etc)

I can probably provide photo's if needed.. video may be a bit tricky though.
Appreciate 0