E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Anyone ever heard of Cryofuzion??

09-28-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
Guth310
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 335i E92 quickly

Anyone ever heard of Cryofuzion??

Checkout this website

http://www.cryofuzion.com/index.htm

I was looking into getting a spray bar for my stock intercooler to help with IATs/heatsoak and came across this.

They have some good points if you check out the Newflash link. Could be a marketing ploy but either way it's an interesting point vs. a spray bar.

The kits seem a little expensive, should just opt for an aftermarket FMIC.

Wonder if it would be additional help with aftermarket FMICs and our fuel systems. (Interfreezer and Billet Fuel Chiller respectfully)

How would this affect water/meth mix if used with meth injection, if at all... since this is utilized pre turbo/ intake side.

Thoughts??
JB4w/BEF/AlpinaTransFlash/DCI/CPw/BOV/CGMS Meth/3.5bar TMAP/BT Intercooler/Silicone Inlets/Al Outlets/RB External PCV w/2 OCCs/Plugged Heads/Index 12s/3''DPs/Electric Cutouts/MFactory LSD/Coilovers/Spacers/LUX Angels/Android CCC Upgrade/19''M405s 235/275/Wrapped Matte White

Last edited by Guth310; 09-28-2010 at 01:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 06:20 AM   #2
chiaobaby
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

good in theory but out Bmw have an undercarriage cover that will not let the Co2 escape fast enough you intake system will suck in alot of Co2 in and your engine efficiency will be reduced .
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
chiaobaby
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Your better off spending the money and buying a real intercooler.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 06:42 AM   #4
dcorn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

The idea definitely works. Spraying the IC will drastically lower the temp of the actual core and make the air much colder after flowing through it. Evo's and STi's used to come stock with IC water sprayers. Same idea, but CO2 is much more effective. And don't listen to anyone that says the CO2 will somehow get into your intake through the intercooler, it won't.

That being said, just buy an aftermarket intercooler that will flow and cool better. This mod wouldn't affect meth injection at all, but the CO2 spraying is pointless if you already have meth/water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaobaby View Post
good in theory but out Bmw have an undercarriage cover that will not let the Co2 escape fast enough you intake system will suck in alot of Co2 in and your engine efficiency will be reduced .
I really doubt that would happen. The engine bay must have good airflow so the air can easily pass through the intercooler and radiator. The CO2 would have to flow back out the front of the car, then up into the intake scoop in the grille for that to happen.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 07:00 AM   #5
chiaobaby
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I agree that stock intake will not be affected too much but Most people with DCi will suck in alot of CO2 .
Appreciate 0