BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
floralscent
Rep
Drives: silver x3

Slow leaking tire

I have had my '07 X3 for 7 months and just noticed a slow leak in my driver's side rear tire. The tires were new when I purchased the car. This is my 1st BMW and was wondering where I should take the X3 for its tire repair. I think the dealer would charge way too much $$ to fix the tire and I don't know who else to trust with the tire/car (to be honest, I don't trust the dealer either). I know it's only a tire but I am very protective of my car as I'm sure most of you are. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
ajuru
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 titanium silver color

Quote:
Originally Posted by floralscent View Post
I have had my '07 X3 for 7 months and just noticed a slow leak in my driver's side rear tire. The tires were new when I purchased the car. This is my 1st BMW and was wondering where I should take the X3 for its tire repair. I think the dealer would charge way too much $$ to fix the tire and I don't know who else to trust with the tire/car (to be honest, I don't trust the dealer either). I know it's only a tire but I am very protective of my car as I'm sure most of you are. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-
Do not fret! All need it to pump the tire. My 2008 has the same problem and that is how I solve it.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #3
cahoont
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Had the same problem with my wife's 07 X3. Put nitrogen in all four tires and haven't had a problem since.
      11-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
CarCzar128i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010128iconvertible

Almost any local gas station with a service bay will find a leak caused by a nail/screw and plug it for about 10 bucks. You know, the kind of plug every owners manual warns against, but we all do. I've never had a plugged tire fail because of the plug.

Sometimes the leak will be from the valve stem, which any garage can also easily fix.

Rarely you may find an actual leaky wheel, or a tire poorly sealed at the rim.
Appreciate 0