E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Any body from Greensboro/Triad Area?

09-23-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
Resh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe Sport Prem Nav

Any body from Greensboro/Triad Area?

Any member around this area?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
cbetlyon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi Jet Black/Black

Ya im in Winston
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
flawlesskid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sport Package

I have a house in Greensboro but i actually live in Knightdale now. I'm often in Greensboro visiting all my buddies and will likely land myself back there within the next year i HOPE. I love Greensboro! I spent 10 years there going to school and starting my career. Downtown is my sanctuary!
      09-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
BarefootManiac
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i Breakneck Metal

Yeah, I live in the boro. I see you have a crimson red 335 coupe. I have seen a few 335 with that color around town, don't know if that is you or not.

I'm new to this forum and haven't had the time to upload any photos of my bimmer, which is black 335 coupe. I can usually be spotted zipping along Wendover or I-40.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
Resh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Cool man, you should post some pictures some time. How is Greensboro treating you? I feel it's kind of dry place.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
BarefootManiac
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resh View Post
Cool man, you should post some pictures some time. How is Greensboro treating you? I feel it's kind of dry place.
I will have pictures taken of the bimmer once all this rain stops and the sun comes out.

Greensboro is more of a family town, an okay place, but not really my favorite. Like Flawlesskid stated about downtown being their sanctuary, it is probably the only place to find a decent pub with some action on the weekends.

Greensboro does offers some really nice curvy roads on the outskirts of city limits. Just to name a couple of good ones there are 66 and 89. Both are on the north side of town around Madison and Danbury. Have you ever traveled on these roads? If not, you should to check them out. I go up there every now and then. Maybe the next time I go, I will let you know.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 01:20 PM   #7
flawlesskid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sport Package

I'll be in Greensboro Next week from Wednesday through the weekend. I will likely be seen at Natty Greenes, Pour House, or any of the 5-6 good bars downtown. Maybe sitting outside on the patio at Churchills having a stogy and a Cognac enjoying the sights. Maybe i'll be lucky enough sitting out there to see someone get literally tossed out of one of the clubs. LOL!

I wouldn't exactly call Greensboro a Family town or Dry, but its no Charlotte and not quite as good as Raleigh. With the number of Colleges/Universities, theres plenty to get into between there and Winston Salem.

A friend of mine who rides bikes told me of a place he goes to open up with no traffic or the fuzz. It's been a while so i'll have to ask him where it is again. He said he's topped 190 out there which is pretty crazy.
      09-30-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
Resh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootManiac View Post
I will have pictures taken of the bimmer once all this rain stops and the sun comes out.

Greensboro is more of a family town, an okay place, but not really my favorite. Like Flawlesskid stated about downtown being their sanctuary, it is probably the only place to find a decent pub with some action on the weekends.

Greensboro does offers some really nice curvy roads on the outskirts of city limits. Just to name a couple of good ones there are 66 and 89. Both are on the north side of town around Madison and Danbury. Have you ever traveled on these roads? If not, you should to check them out. I go up there every now and then. Maybe the next time I go, I will let you know.
What color, options you got? yeah down town is the only place where you can find some activity during weekends. i never been to 66 or 89 but i drove up to Virginia through the mountains along 220 and the drive was pretty cool. let me know next time you plans ill join if i am in town. check ur pm
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 02:45 PM   #9
Resh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawlesskid View Post
I'll be in Greensboro Next week from Wednesday through the weekend. I will likely be seen at Natty Greenes, Pour House, or any of the 5-6 good bars downtown. Maybe sitting outside on the patio at Churchills having a stogy and a Cognac enjoying the sights. Maybe i'll be lucky enough sitting out there to see someone get literally tossed out of one of the clubs. LOL!

I wouldn't exactly call Greensboro a Family town or Dry, but its no Charlotte and not quite as good as Raleigh. With the number of Colleges/Universities, theres plenty to get into between there and Winston Salem.

A friend of mine who rides bikes told me of a place he goes to open up with no traffic or the fuzz. It's been a while so i'll have to ask him where it is again. He said he's topped 190 out there which is pretty crazy.

thats true about downtown places. give us a call next time you are intown, may be we can plan a Bimmer get together kind of thing and ask ur friend about the open rd
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 09:34 PM   #10
BarefootManiac
Private
Rep

Quote:
What color, options you got? yeah down town is the only place where you can find some activity during weekends. i never been to 66 or 89 but i drove up to Virginia through the mountains along 220 and the drive was pretty cool. let me know next time you plans ill join if i am in town. check ur pm
It's a 2010 335i black sapphire metallic, m sport, premium, performance kit with a 6 speed manual shift

I'm not allowed to send/receive through the pm until I post more.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #11
BarefootManiac
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawlesskid View Post

Yeeeah, I'm usually that guy getting tossed out... nah j/k. Is your buddy talking about 62? That route is a straight shot for miles through nowhere.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #12
pantherfan69
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D M-Sport

Garage List
2011 335D  [0.00]
I too am in the triad area, and yea Greensboro was voted one of the worst cities in the USA to be single in hehe. Once your married its a great place though! I like how half the city is hidden between green tree filled hills, so much more scenic than some of the other places I have lived like Atlanta.
      10-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #13
BarefootManiac
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherfan69 View Post
I too am in the triad area, and yea Greensboro was voted one of the worst cities in the USA to be single in hehe. Once your married its a great place though! I like how half the city is hidden between green tree filled hills, so much more scenic than some of the other places I have lived like Atlanta.
Agree! Btw how are you enjoying the 335d? And good choice in color.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #14
pantherfan69
Private
Rep

Garage List
2011 335D  [0.00]
I am LOVING the diesel , its a lot of fun in the city where I do most of my driving, since I dont have to rev it so high for the power like I did my 530i. Ironically when we took my wifes 4-runner in for service this weekend, the toyota salesmen wouldnt stop asking me about it (3 different sales guys, at 3 different times)! They didnt even bother to ask if i wanted to look at something on the lot lol
      10-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #15
Resh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootManiac View Post
It's a 2010 335i black sapphire metallic, m sport, premium, performance kit with a 6 speed manual shift

I'm not allowed to send/receive through the pm until I post more.
Nice Color and options and mods, the wheels looks great man. We should plan a meet up some time.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #16
Resh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Lol!!! completely Agree with what u said.

Thats a nice car and options you have. Post some pictures so we can see the beauty.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #17
pantherfan69
Private
Rep

Garage List
2011 335D  [0.00]
Here ya go!

10-10-2010, 11:37 PM   #18
BarefootManiac
Private
Rep

Quote:
Here ya go!

That's a nice car, and nice photo bomb from your neighbor across the street.

Looks like you picked it up from the Crown on wendover. I was there last Saturday and I believe those cars on the second row were there at the time.

Sweet tweeters. I wish my coupe had them, actually I wish it had a better stereo system all together. I figured the basic stereo in the 335 would of been as good as the basic one in my 325... boy was I wrong.

Congratz on the sweet ride!
      10-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #19
BarefootManiac
Private
Rep

Quote:
Nice Color and options and mods, the wheels looks great man. We should plan a meet up some time.
I'm down for a meet up. Check your pm.
      10-11-2010, 12:03 AM   #20
BarefootManiac
Private
Rep

Quote:
I am LOVING the diesel , its a lot of fun in the city where I do most of my driving, since I dont have to rev it so high for the power like I did my 530i. Ironically when we took my wifes 4-runner in for service this weekend, the toyota salesmen wouldnt stop asking me about it (3 different sales guys, at 3 different times)! They didnt even bother to ask if i wanted to look at something on the lot lol
I have always been curious about the power of a diesel motor. I have never owed anything diesel but I always heard from others that when the roll they really roll. I guess what they mean is it takes less efforts for the diesel to accelerate, than it does for a non-diesel.

These cars do turn heads and get a lot of questions asked. I also notice this only happens when the car is clean haha... man, it's hard to keep a black car clean in NC. The worst is in the spring time with all the crazy pollen.
      10-11-2010, 06:04 AM   #21
pantherfan69
Private
Rep

Garage List
2011 335D  [0.00]
Yea I am dreading the pollen season! Yea I picked it up from crown on the 1st, the pics are from Saturday when we just drove all around town (while getting 26 mpg in the city). This is my first diesel, definately takes some getting used to, instead of revving the engine to get power, you want to keep it down in the low rpm range for all that torque!
      01-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #22
vicngo
GSO e90
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

hey pantherfan im in greensboro too, I think I've seen your car around friendly