E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > TeleService scheduled an appointment for me...

09-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
TeleService scheduled an appointment for me...

The fine print:

"BMW TeleServices is an innovation that utilises wireless communication between your BMW and your BMW Service Centre to transmit service-relevant information. Before your next service is due, key vehicle status data is automatically delivered to your BMW Service Centre. This ensures they can be thoroughly prepared when your vehicle arrives and avoids unnecessary servicing time and expense.

When a service is due, BMW TeleServices automatically sends all relevant data from the Condition Based Service system (CBS) to your BMW Service Centre. Thanks to the information received, service staff know which Original BMW Parts need to be ordered in advance and how much work the service will involve. This helps to ensure servicing time is kept to a minimum.
In addition, you can make a Manual BMW Teleservice Call should you wish to contact your BMW Service Centre yourself. By selecting the menu item 'Send Service Data', you can send up-to-date information on your vehicle's condition with regard to statutory inspection requirements. Your BMW Service Centre will then call you to discuss the forthcoming service and to arrange a convenient time for an appointment."

This sort of rubs me the wrong way. I'm not very worried about tuner codes, but I do have my exhaust valve unplugged and maybe a few other things. What type of information does this send? Anyone with mods comment on this experience?

FWIW it scheduled its appointment with the dealer I bought it from, not the one I am using so I am just curious to know what kind of details it sends.

Another interesting point is that earlier this year my SES came on for needing a microfilter replacement - interesting that TeleServices wouldn't kick in, as right now my car has no lights. Any chance this is just a mileage or date based service? My appointment is almost exactly a month from now

(Yes I searched and the only other thread was 5 years old so figured it's just as well to start a new one)

Last edited by BTM; 09-25-2010 at 07:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
No one has any experience with what sort of information Teleservice will tattle to your dealer?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #3
jredeer
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
No one has any experience with what sort of information Teleservice will tattle to your dealer?
I never heard of this shit.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
andrewket
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is Convertible DCT

It's in the manual. You can disable it in settings if you wish.

A
2010 Honda Civic LX
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 08:19 PM   #5
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Didn't come across it...the thing makes it seem like it's through Idrive...which I don't have. Guess I'll check out the manual more in depth tomorrow...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #6
Kevin Harney
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible

I was actually not getting tho service and tried to have it "turned on" but what I find annoying is that they do not call and schedule an appt with you what they do is schedule an appt and tell you to show up. Therefore you end up having to call and reschedule it anyway
Appreciate 0