E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Car serviced... New issues!!!!

09-17-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
k9mosk
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i Xdrive Manual

Car serviced... New issues!!!!

Hello, I purchased a 2009 335xi last December and I couldn't be happier. It's an awesome car. The last month or two I've been noticing long crank times an a little rough idle at startup, but it would clear up within seconds. After reading the forums all I could think of was HPFP was beginning to fail, so I decided to give it time and just let it die. Well one week ago the car started after a long crank time, idled horribly and gave a limp mode warning while the engine died. I figured great the HPFP finally gave out.

After 4 days at Open Road BMW with little to no information of what was going on, my service rep calls me to say the car was ready to be picked up. According to him the HPFP was fine, all my car needed was to be upgraded to the latest firmware or software. My first issue is does it really take 4 days for some easy task like this, but whatever. Secondly I started my morning car turned over easily with no issues, but when I started driving onto the highway to merge I realized there was no boost. It took me forever to get up to speed. I purposely shifted into third about 4,000 rpm and nothing the car would not move. There were no errors or service engine lights. I decide to pull over shut the car off for a minute, once I restarted it...everything was back to normal.

Weird but since my car was returned to me, I’ve felt like all the power hasn't been there. I thought it was all in my head but now there seems to be something wrong. I'm taking the car back, but some input on what could possibly be wrong would appreciated.

I love my car I just want it back to normal now!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
Parrot356
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 4.8i

All of the possible HPFP issues/repairs have to be reported and approved by BMWNA since the extended HPFP warranty (or there abouts) was put in place for better tracking. It can take a day to get direction from BMWNA, a day to program etc and if the dealer was busy it probably sat for a day or so. So yes it is normal for the car to be in for 4 days. The first step to address HPFP issues these days is also to reprogram and see if things get better. For some it does. Others it doesn't. If you are down on power call the dealer and make a new appointment.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

That's really crappy man! They didn't fix the car AND made it have less power at the same time.
I have noticed mine performing worse with the incremental software updates. i continue to have long crank and surging issues.

I didn't realize the extended HPFP warranty was a way for BMWNA to limit the replacement of pumps... kinda sneaky.
Appreciate 0