E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > sport package sway bars

09-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
brocklanders
Major
Rep
Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
sport package sway bars

i was just wondering if the sport package sway bars were different then the non sport pac. i am changing out my complete suspension and as of now "unless someone talks me out of it" i will be selling a complete sport suspension and was wondering if anyone would be interested in the sway bars or just the struts and shocks. so all you non zsp drivers out there keep a look out because in a few weeks i will be selling a brand never out of the box discontinued performance suspension kit for the e90, with used zsp springs and front and back sway bar. i had purchased the perf sus then decided to go a more aggressive route.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 02:14 AM   #2
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocklanders View Post
i was just wondering if the sport package sway bars were different then the non sport pac. i am changing out my complete suspension and as of now "unless someone talks me out of it" i will be selling a complete sport suspension and was wondering if anyone would be interested in the sway bars or just the struts and shocks. so all you non zsp drivers out there keep a look out because in a few weeks i will be selling a brand never out of the box discontinued performance suspension kit for the e90, with used zsp springs and front and back sway bar. i had purchased the perf sus then decided to go a more aggressive route.
If you are looking for slightly more aggressive anti roll bars with better designed bushings and quicker roll bar reaction times, have a look at the M3 bars.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 05:34 AM   #3
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

How do the M3 bars compare to the H-Sport bars?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #4
brocklanders
Major
Rep

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
after reading allot of old post on the subject i decided to go smaller in the rear, i read that a larger rear sway could cause over steer so i went with eibach. from what i understand keeping under steer makes the car safer for drivers like me, and i have no desire to track the car because if im going to the track it will be on two wheels. im sure your right about dinan but i didnt see that i could have gotten the m3 control arms without the tension struts from ecs until after i ordered the dinan kit, besides it was only around $30 cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 07:51 AM   #5
brocklanders
Major
Rep

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
what i was trying to ask was if the zsp sway bars are the same size as the standard sways. so when im ready to sell whether anyone is going to want them.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocklanders View Post
after reading allot of old post on the subject i decided to go smaller in the rear, i read that a larger rear sway could cause over steer so i went with eibach. from what i understand keeping under steer makes the car safer for drivers like me, and i have no desire to track the car because if im going to the track it will be on two wheels. im sure your right about dinan but i didnt see that i could have gotten the m3 control arms without the tension struts from ecs until after i ordered the dinan kit, besides it was only around $30 cheaper.
Sure you can.

http://www.hpashop.com/product.sc?pr...categoryId=119
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
brocklanders
Major
Rep

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
the photos from dinan and your website are reversed what they are calling control arms hpa is calling tension struts, if what i got from dinan are tension struts they were not anymore expensive at all because the subframe bushings are $300 and the tension struts are $260 and i paid $520 for the dinan kit.

edit: since posting this, hpa came down $50 on their rear subframe bushings, so if you are taking advantage of that your welcome.

Last edited by brocklanders; 09-18-2010 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
chumley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
If you are looking for slightly more aggressive anti roll bars with better designed bushings and quicker roll bar reaction times, have a look at the M3 bars.
Is the M3 bar you have on your site a direct fit for an '09 LCI (sedan - obviously, + msport)?
Appreciate 0