E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > H&R Sport Springs Questions

09-09-2010, 12:19 AM   #1
A///MG_Power
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carefully.

Question H&R Sport Springs Questions

1) The springs have been used for 2000 miles. How long should I wait to get an alignment performed since the springs have already settled once before?

2) I understand the ZSP sport suspension on the E90's receive less of a drop compared to the standard suspension. How much of a drop should I expect?

3) Will Continental DWS tires fit with a 18mm spacer in the rear (255/35/18) and 10mm in the front (225/40/18) with minor to zero issues?

Thanks in advance!

Greg
      09-09-2010, 07:23 AM   #2
JayP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 LCI Xdrive

1). Couldnt tell ya

2) I believe it's. About .6 .8 inches since it's. 1.3 1.4 with the non sport suspension.

3) I have an 06 as well and i am using 225/40/18 s'in the rear with a 25mm spacers and it fits just fine. Using 6mm in the front.

Only problem i had is that my rear actually dropped a lot more than the front and i have no idea why but it doesn't look all that good, i m thinking i should buy the blistein shocks now...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
MassBimmer
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Garage List
2009 BMW  [9.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by A///MG_Power View Post
1) The springs have been used for 2000 miles. How long should I wait to get an alignment performed since the springs have already settled once before?

2) I understand the ZSP sport suspension on the E90's receive less of a drop compared to the standard suspension. How much of a drop should I expect?

3) Will Continental DWS tires fit with a 18mm spacer in the rear (255/35/18) and 10mm in the front (225/40/18) with minor to zero issues?

Thanks in advance!

Greg
1.) You can either get an alignment immediately or wait about two weeks. There's really not one option that's better than the other..

2.) about another 3/4's of an inch

3.) Are they stock wheels? If so, a 15-18mm spacer in the rear should be good. 10 mm in front may be a bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
Only problem i had is that my rear actually dropped a lot more than the front and i have no idea why but it doesn't look all that good, i m thinking i should buy the blistein shocks now...
Bilstein shocks/struts won't help you. There is naturally more rake in the xi's and the H&R sports are an even drop all around, unlike the Eibach's, which lower 1" in front and .75" in the rear. To remove the rake, you may want to consider getting front lowering spring perches from Supreme Power. It will lower the front an extra .25 - .50 inch to remove the rake
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
A///MG_Power
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
1). Couldnt tell ya

2) I believe it's. About .6 .8 inches since it's. 1.3 1.4 with the non sport suspension.

3) I have an 06 as well and i am using 225/40/18 s'in the rear with a 25mm spacers and it fits just fine. Using 6mm in the front.

Thanks for the info! I'm impressed with the stretch in the rear at 225 vs. 255. Do you have any pics of your car? I would like to see how it looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassBimmer View Post
1.) You can either get an alignment immediately or wait about two weeks. There's really not one option that's better than the other..

2.) about another 3/4's of an inch

3.) Are they stock wheels? If so, a 15-18mm spacer in the rear should be good. 10 mm in front may be a bit too much

Bilstein shocks/struts won't help you. There is naturally more rake in the xi's and the H&R sports are an even drop all around, unlike the Eibach's, which lower 1" in front and .75" in the rear. To remove the rake, you may want to consider getting front lowering spring perches from Supreme Power. It will lower the front an extra .25 - .50 inch to remove the rake
Yes they are stock OEM 162's. I'll hope for the best in front Since the springs have been used for 2000 miles already, I have decided to get the alignment done immediately. Thanks for the knowledge!

From your experience with the DWS, do they have a smaller sidewall/rounder sidewall compared to Bridgestone tires? (specifically the RFT or RE760 sports)