2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) 535i Ed ordered but no production number?

08-31-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
Wenw80
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

535i Ed ordered but no production number?

All,

I went to the dealer to put in my order for a 535i last Thursday, and they said the po went through but I'd have to wait 10-15 days to get my production number and a solid date of pick up. Also he wouldn't give me a final price figures except what we agreed on 500 above invoice and base money factor of 0.0026. Now I'm just waiting for his call and my production number. Is this normal? Should I be concerned he's trying to pull something? I have another dealer fighting for my business saying he'd be able to offer me a match on the price and usually he gives production numbers right away.

What do you guys think?

W
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Production Order Number

Dealer I went to gave me a copy of the production order (and Number) the night I ordered the car. Just a guess but it sounds like the dealer you are going through might be booked up for his allocation right now and is stalling you until he can work things out.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
Wenw80
Rep

I thought Ed didn't take up dealers' allocations?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

DOH!

Good point......I missed the ED on your title. I agree and woud think that it would not matter to the Dealers allocation. One thing my Dealer did mention to me was the fact that when the Plant started up again, there were going to be a lot of orders waiting for the new x's, tourings, and M themed vehicles as these were all going to be new variations coming on line. As such, the Plant may be backed up just a little bit. Either way, you will probably confirmation soon.

From what I have heard and read, ED is pretty cool and BMW makes the process go pretty well. You will have to give us all a report when you get back. Not exactly sure if this is true anymore, but you may want to check and see if your car has the Warning Triangle included in the trunk tool kit when you pick up the car. If it is, bring it back to the states in your luggage, otherwise it will be nicked as a result of some weird reason. (Not sure if it is because of DOE regs.) If the triangle is not there, then pick one up at the local Bavarian Dealer............maybe two...and I will purchase the other one from you!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 05:28 PM   #5
Wenw80
Rep

Good to know! I'll definitely post some stories when I come back!
Appreciate 0