E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > I need XEDE....NOW!!

01-09-2007, 03:14 AM   #1
e92law
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e70

I need XEDE....NOW!!

And this is why. Just picked the car up today, well late on Monday. Amazing. Traffic on the fwy so decided to test the navigation. Ran into a blue M Coupe, brand new, no plates, pulled up next to him at the light and he took off. Nice sound, but come on, I need more than 40 miles before I open this thing up right? So I get to LA and pick up a friend who wanted to see the car, took her for a short ride, ended up stopping by a convenience store. On the way out two chicks in a Scion parked next to me ask me for a race!(?) Again, are you kidding? She then said that she would smoke me!(?) Are you kidding Scion fluzzi!(?) Ahhhh, I need more than 60 miles before I open this thing up right? So she burns rubber in the parking lot and takes off. Absolutely cracking my friend and I up. What’s the deal? Is this to be expected with this car? So anyway, long story for the explanation, but I need to put some miles on pronto and get that XEDE ordered and installed. This is getting ridiculous. Sorry guys, the newest member of the 335 club needs to stand up for the 335 peeps. Until then, I am going to sit back and enjoy all the toys.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 03:30 AM   #2
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

I assume those two chicks are relatively young? It never cease to amaze me that those folks think that with an intake, they will own almost every car out there. But in reality, they're at the bottom of the food chain.

You will get this a lot since everyone know that it's a twin turbo'd Bimmer. The best bet is just to ignore them. SOmething I learned to do, it makes them make themselves look like jerks. I always get folks revving at me, and I just wait when the light turns green while they take off like crazy, I go up to 40mph and eventually catch up to them and they don't even have the integrity to look at me.

Also FYI, I see that you're in L.A. Just let to know you know Governor Arnold has beefed up consequences for street racing, it is now a felony, in case you decided to do some runs with some cars. I have a couple of friends who decided to do some 'rolling runs' on the highway and got busted before. From their actions, I learned to drive like a grandma on the road and keep the real driving for the tracks.

I hope that this forum doesn't turn into a Honda forum with a subforum such as "us vs. them", "post your kill stories", etc.

If you want the xede, just visit the vischnu's website. You either have to go to Norcal or wait until Shiv comes down to SoCal.

Quote:
This is getting ridiculous. Sorry guys, the newest member of the 335 club needs to stand up for the 335 peeps.
The best way to 'stand up for the 335 peeps' is not to do anything... Drive like a grown up and with integrity. On my Evo forum, there's always a few knuckle heads who always race people to show them how big their balls are, and we absolutely hated that. Those few make us, in general, look like a-holes, make cops hate us, and with them crashing, single handedly made the Evo the top 5 cars to insured last year.

I surely hope this doesn't happen to a 335i.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 04:14 AM   #3
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

That must be one dull Evo forum.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 05:55 AM   #4
musc
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, 335is

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [10.00]
I don't think you'll need the Xede to take a Scion.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #5
e92law
First Lieutenant
Rep

Truth. It is just so freaking funny. Only answer is to enjoy the cars.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Hey....I have e90...wanna race before your break in period..LOL!

j/k man...enjoy the car. Welcome aboard.
      01-09-2007, 01:56 PM   #7
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude
That must be one dull Evo forum.
Yes, please excuse us for driving like normal people and ripping it up on the tracks, running 10s-mid 12s
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 02:11 PM   #8
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
Yes, please excuse us for driving like normal people and ripping it up on the tracks, running 10s-mid 12s
Consider yourselves excused. BTW, which board is it? I'd like to join and post my kill stories.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #9
Panoz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey 335i ,Aero Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4

I hope that this forum doesn't turn into a Honda forum with a subforum such as "us vs. them", "post your kill stories", etc.

The best way to 'stand up for the 335 peeps' is not to do anything... Drive like a grown up and with integrity. On my Evo forum, there's always a few knuckle heads who always race people to show them how big their balls are, and we absolutely hated that. Those few make us, in general, look like a-holes, make cops hate us, and with them crashing, single handedly made the Evo the top 5 cars to insured last year.

I surely hope this doesn't happen to a 335i.
Respect to wj4

One of the best posts on the forum.

Procede V4 , Catless DPs, Forge FMIC, Injen Intake, VK Oilcooler, Hartge Quads Exhaust, Modded CDV, Synapse BOV Kit, BMW Performance 335i SSK Kit, P3 vent boost gauge

Space Grey 335i -> See more pics HERE
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 02:56 PM   #10
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by catm3
I don't think you'll need the Xede to take a Scion.
You don't even need the 325 to take on Scion...
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 03:31 PM   #11
e92law
First Lieutenant
Rep

Don't get too excited out there. I'm sure you will all find plenty of Scions.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 04:34 PM   #12
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude
Consider yourselves excused. BTW, which board is it? I'd like to join and post my kill stories.
www.evolutionm.net
Have fun posting and getting flames. Folks aren't nice like the ones here.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz
Respect to wj4

One of the best posts on the forum.
Thanks, bro. It's exactly due to this reason that cops are beefing up consequences of street racing like no tomorrow, with portable smog station and ref stations to check for mods. Just goes to show that money can't buy maturity.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #14
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
www.evolutionm.net
Have fun posting and getting flames. Folks aren't nice like the ones here.
Haha, I really don't do any street racing, but since you came on like the Lone Ranger I thought I'd yank your chain. Please continue preaching. I see the choir members are already chiming in. I'm sure you'll get a convert sooner or later.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 05:23 PM   #15
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
but since you came on like the Lone Ranger I thought I'd yank your chain. Please continue preaching. I see the choir members are already chiming in. I'm sure you'll get a convert sooner or later.
Not very likely. I don't need impress anyone, I'm just here to state what I think. I have lost several friends due to street racing, some were at fault and street raced, lost control and ended their lives...others, well those are the ones I'm pissed about, were driving minding their own business and some idiots who can't control their urge ended their lives.

I also have a couple of friends who got points on their record, spent some time in jail, more than $10,000 in fines and attorney fees because they got caught doing some '40mph rolls'.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 05:50 PM   #16
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
Not very likely. I don't need impress anyone, I'm just here to state what I think. I have lost several friends due to street racing, some were at fault and street raced, lost control and ended their lives...others, well those are the ones I'm pissed about, were driving minding their own business and some idiots who can't control their urge ended their lives.

I also have a couple of friends who got points on their record, spent some time in jail, more than $10,000 in fines and attorney fees because they got caught doing some '40mph rolls'.
Wow, sounds like all your friends are either dead or in jail. I'm sure you're a nice guy, but please forgive me if I don't want to be your friend.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 05:52 PM   #17
e92law
First Lieutenant
Rep

They need a better attorney

In all seriousness, this was originally more of a call to Shiv for an LA install than anything else, but glad to see that it sparked some discussion.

On the other hand, when I lived back east I would witness street racing consistently on the Philly to NYC drive to visit friends. Really doesn't exist in CA on the same level. My experience anyway.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 06:09 PM   #18
2007/335i/coupe
Falling in Love with German Boost
Rep
Drives: 335i, E350, Accord EX, GSXR750

Garage List
forget the racing, were the 2 chicks hot? if they were, it was time for you to work the pimp game bro.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 06:20 PM   #19
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92law
They need a better attorney

In all seriousness, this was originally more of a call to Shiv for an LA install than anything else, but glad to see that it sparked some discussion.

On the other hand, when I lived back east I would witness street racing consistently on the Philly to NYC drive to visit friends. Really doesn't exist in CA on the same level. My experience anyway.

Any thoughts?
Dude, SoCal is one of the meccas of street racing. It used to be HOTT in Ontario, think Fast and Furious, streets cut off and race all night. The worst place is San Diego, where they came up with Drag Net.

PS. they did get an excellent attorney who was a friend of the head D.A. for 20 years, that's why they didn't get their cars crushed...

And they were involved cases, meaning they caught both racers, put them in one case. One gave in, the other didn't...it was going to be put into trial. The case lasted the whole summer of 05.

I think you should give Shiv a ring
THe contacts should be listed on his website.

And plus 1 on the Scion girls! I'm just going to drive slow in the 335i and pull chicks, haha. Hopefully get me a sugarmama jk
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 08:58 PM   #20
Jay@ATP
Private
Rep
Drives: 02 S2k, 06 EVO IX

Hey wj4, where do you live?? What EVO(s) did you have??

Street racing is for kids. Please respect life and dont street race.

I like how the EVO forums do NOT allow "kill" stories.

"Kill" stories are alway BS anyways. I love when people think they can beat a car that is way faster then there own becuase the "killed" it on the street. Take that sh!t to the track and then see who wins......
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 09:28 PM   #21
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay@ATP
Hey wj4, where do you live?? What EVO(s) did you have??

Street racing is for kids. Please respect life and dont street race.

I like how the EVO forums do NOT allow "kill" stories.

"Kill" stories are alway BS anyways. I love when people think they can beat a car that is way faster then there own becuase the "killed" it on the street. Take that sh!t to the track and then see who wins......
Jay, I live in Pacoima, in the San Fernando Valley. I still have my evo now (albeit its stock), waiting for the 335i to come in Feb before I trade it in.
I drive a tarmac black 05 evo 8. It was slammed on gold Advan tcII's, varis carbon fiber front lip, stage 1. I always hang with the 818 guys, usually around 20-30 of us.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #22
Jay@ATP
Private
Rep
Drives: 02 S2k, 06 EVO IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
Jay, I live in Pacoima, in the San Fernando Valley. I still have my evo now (albeit its stock), waiting for the 335i to come in Feb before I trade it in.
I drive a tarmac black 05 evo 8. It was slammed on gold Advan tcII's, varis carbon fiber front lip, stage 1. I always hang with the 818 guys, usually around 20-30 of us.
Ah your trading in??? I went and test drove a 335I the other day and almost traded in the EVO and the S2k for it. But I cant get rid of the IX. I need it. The 335I is not as raw and can't hang on the touge.

Im planing to get a 335i by the end of the year. Gonna keep the EVO IX and make it into a race car for my shop. Also, the EVO X just got unviled at the detroit motor show yesterday and it looks good. I'm gonna get one after the first production year.

The BMW will by my "grown-up"/ luxury car

The EVO X will be my "lil kid" / street racer car (even though I dont street race)

The IX will be the full blown race car. Hopefully winning a lot will be its favorite thing. lol
Appreciate 0