BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

08-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
nowaym3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: eeeeeeee92

Flow Spec Wheels is adv1?

So iam guessing now since adv1 is no longer able to sell the wheels these forums , they are changing the name of the wheels to flow spec. there is no reason why anyone should purchase those cast wheels when you can call mht and order the same wheels for 800.00 buck for the complete set. all there doing is switching the cap.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 12:33 AM   #2
BayerischeMotorenWerke
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slowly and carefully

All adv 1 wheels are made by mht. adv 1 has no factory of their own.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 03:09 AM   #3
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowaym3 View Post
So iam guessing now since adv1 is no longer able to sell the wheels these forums , they are changing the name of the wheels to flow spec. there is no reason why anyone should purchase those cast wheels when you can call mht and order the same wheels for 800.00 buck for the complete set. all there doing is switching the cap.
Just a simple search shows that the Flow Spec name is just the name of the line for their cast wheels. It is still advertised under the brand name ADV.1. As said above, it is a well known and documented fact that the MHT plant manufactures ADV.1 wheels. So just because you didn't know, doesn't mean they were hiding it.
      08-17-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowaym3 View Post

ADV.1 wheels are still able to be sold on this forum...

Flow Spec is the name of the cast line not the company...

You can not buy the same wheels from MHT. Same styles yes. Same offsets/concave profiles...NO. MHT will not sell the M3 deep concave profile to anyone but ADV.1. Those specs belong to ADV.1 as far as I have heard.

PS: Grammer/Spell check is your friend.

Last edited by m34jlp; 08-17-2010 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #5
nowaym3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: eeeeeeee92

I was just asking because , there was a vendor selling the wheels and when i asked who makes them they told me Flow Spec. So , now i know there made by Adv.1. Price?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 07:26 PM   #6
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I know exactly who you are talking about and he is just trying to get around the rules of that forum.

Flow Spec is ADV.1 (It is just a way to differentiate between their cast and forged wheels).

ADV.1 owns all the deep concave applications so MHT will not be able to sell them even if they wanted to. There is a reason they are more expensive. Low quantity = Higher price. Cast wheels are usually cheap because of the quanitity and quality. These are low quantity hence the higher price (think Vossen cast).
Appreciate 0