E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Turnone track events in SC? Anyone try it?

08-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
digi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3

Turnone track events in SC? Anyone try it?

Anyone familiar with turnone track events? They offer an enticing(at least to a track noob like me) hpde program at Carolina motorsports park in south Carolina. I'm in nc so it nothing but a 2-3 hour drive down and it seems like they have such a convenient schedule for those with not much free time. It seems almost tailor fitted for me. Anyway, before I take the plunge just wanted to know if anyone has experience with them or the track. Any info would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
SpiralOut
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5Mc

I've been. I usually go up to VIR, but I went down to CMP one time last year to see what it was all about. TurnOne did a good job and it was a fun day, but VIR is a much better track I think. CMP is pretty flat and hell on brakes. If it was closer I'd go more... it wasn't horrible, but it's 4 hours away for me and VIR is only 1 1/2 so VIR is much easier for me.

If you're interested there's a great event at VIR on Sept 17th. I've been with them many times and they run a good, smooth event.
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...944386929C17A7
Appreciate 0