E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Zaino Z1?

09-07-2005, 09:30 PM   #1
mds82
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
Zaino Z1?

Hey everyone.
I'm looking at getting Zaino soon because my car should be in the end of september and had a few Q's. Most people say get the Z2, Z5, Z8, ZFX, Clay bar, and Z6.
What about Z1 or the rest of the products. Z1 i hear is supposed to give quite the shine, but this stuff is already expensive and didnt want to buy extra if i didnt need to. Thank everyone for the tips in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2005, 10:41 PM   #2
Atrain
Rep
Drives: '00, 323i

Hey I was told by a detailer that once you use zaino you need to wax your car everytime you wash it. Is this true?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2005, 10:44 PM   #3
tima
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i ZSP/TiAg/Blk

According to Zaino, " ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive replaces Z-1". So if you're gonna use ZFX you don't need Z1.

I used the ZFX with Z2 and am quite happy with the results.

Imo, a simple way to start is with:
ZFX + Z2
Z6 - gloss enhancer
Z7 - wash

I did two coats of ZFX+Z2 5 days after delivery. Carefully assessing the surface with my hand (stick your hand inside a plastic baggy) I concluded there was no need to use the clay. And once Zaino'd, if you keep it clean there will be little need for the clay, nor the Z5 swirl remover, imo. If you car is less than brand spanking new and you feel tiny bits and bumps with your hand that do not come off in a wash, then the clay may be worth the effort to get a baseline.

In addition to the above I also got the Z8 which is kind of a super Z6, but a bit pricey. I wanted to see just how good a finish I could get with Zaino after a few years of Zymol. Think I'll stick with Zaino cuz it lasts and is easy to use.

Consider reading through the FAQ and Tips n Tricks section of the Zaino site. There's a lot of information there. For example here's a quote:

Q: I'd like to try out Zaino polish. What's the minimum I should try?

A: You need minimally ZFX or Z-1 (ZFX is better), Z-2, and a 314 Polish Applicator pad. I would also order Z-6 Gloss Enhancer Spray to keep your car dust free and looking beautiful. Z-6 is used between coats of Z-2 to provide enhanced gloss. If you wash your car yourself, pick up some Z-7 as well.

for Atrain - maybe for some folks - sounds like a bunch of hooey to me - actually it sounds like your dealer was talkin' about Zymol, not Zaino. You gotta put on a new coat of Zymol after 6 people look at your car. I've done two months worth of washes (~8) since putting on 3 coats of Zaino and all I do is go over the car with the Z6 and it looks great.

get off the phone and drive
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2005, 08:59 AM   #4
mds82
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
Thanks Tima
Appreciate 0