E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > BMWCCA Oktoberfest 8/23 - 8/29 @ Road America

08-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
swartzentruber
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

BMWCCA Oktoberfest 8/23 - 8/29 @ Road America

Just curious if anyone on here will be there? I'm planning to do the full 5 track days in my 04 R32. I'm sure I may get a few strange looks, but it's not my fault BMW didn't build the 335 (which I also own) with an engine that can reliably run on the track.

I'm looking forward to hopefully getting a bit more info about the upcoming M1/1M/M Coupe that might just be the DD/track replacement for my 335xi in a year or so. The featured speaker Friday is the current head of BMW M. I'm also going to be in the paddock for the ALMS race the prior Sunday. Should be a great week.
      08-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
dgbuilder
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive E92

I am planning to be there driving Wednesday-Friday, pending on how my kids do at their first day of school on Tuesday. I will be "risking-it" in my E92xi - I guess like to live dangerously. Where are you staying?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
swartzentruber
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I might bring my e92 335xi onto the track one day to see how it does (we'll have both cars there). My wife is doing the safety school one of the days, and would like to do it in the R. Did you do the Windy City event at Gingerman in June? I saw a few 335s there, but I'm not sure I met any of the drivers. Interested to see how your car does, so we should meet up -- I'm sure I'll be easy to find.

We will be there 21st to 29th, and are staying multiple places -- a few days at a B&B at Sheboygan Falls, a few days in a condo at Seibkens, and a few days at a B&B right by the track that we've been to a few times before. I'm sure we'll be in the Seibken's bar quite a bit during the week.

I'm a little surprised there haven't been more responses. Road America is a great track, and since this is a BMW forum, I'd have thought there might be a few more members going.
      08-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
dgbuilder
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive E92

I may stay at Siebkens as it will make my "commute" easier. I would love to meet up and compare notes on the car. I have had it on track a handful of times and I have been lucky based on what I have read here on forums about limp modes, etc. I am not super-aggressive but I have been working on it maybe that helps me stay cool. That said, last time I was at Autobahn CC it was 90 degrees and I ran pretty hot all day. It was a little distracting to keep watching the temp gauge but no major problems so I guess all in all OK.

Looking forward to a few good days. I am registered for Autocross Thursday and DE Friday. I also registered my wife to be in the Car Control Clinic Wed PM but she is not going to make it so I may do it just for kicks and to get the information to talk her into it another time.

PM me and we can exchange info so we can make sure to connect - If nowhere then the Siebkens bar sounds like the place. -DG
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
ucla1995
Slow and low
Rep
Drives: M5

I'll be there Thurs pm and Friday..
Appreciate 0