BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing

08-03-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
jkwhat
Private
Rep
Drives: 750LI

Sound System Package for a College Frat Room?

I have no idea about sound systems. Would have loved to upgrade the sound system in my e93 but I have no idea what the hell I would be doing. I'm moving into my school's frat house in a couple weeks and I want to buy a good sound system that will be sufficient for heavy partying when my roommate and I throwdown in the room. What brands are ideal? We need a sub and we would like to have a surround sound system as well. Because I don't want to drill into the ceiling, I assume that the ideal speakers in the back have to be on stands? If anyone could point me in the direction of sites that have the whole setup compiled that'd be nice. I'm looking in the 250-300 dollar price range at the moment, should I be expecting to pay more?
Thanks in advance,
Jonathan Kim
If there is no package that I can get what stuff do I need? Cords, speakers, subs, sometime of DVD looking box that controls the master volume and sub?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

expensive proposition... You know it is going to cost you at least $1,2500.00+.. and that is bottom of the barrel stuff...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
lol are you looking for sound quality or just something that bumps?

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #4
jkwhat
Private
Rep

I mean I'm not looking for something that's gonna start crackling due to shittiness but I don't need something on the high end either, I need something reliable that can take the occasional drunken dumbass bumping into it.

What materials do I need?
I'm looking at best buy right now and they've compiled some home theatre systems, would this be sufficient? I'm not using speakers for a whole ball room or anything, just a small, college dorm room.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Audio/Ho...d=abcat0203000

These babies look good for the good price and a subwoofer and mounts for stands too.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Klipsch+...ustomerreviews
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
jkwhat
Private
Rep

I'd rather spend the premium now and not have something I expect to die in a few years.
Appreciate 0