ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - California
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-29-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
fercho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 z4 2.5

san diego local z4 club

i was wondering if theres any local z club in my area???
i will like to be part of one... thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
Vertigo//SD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive28i (temporarily)

I'm in Otay Mesa and I don't know of any Z clubs but there is a local chapter of BMW CCA.

http://www.sdbmwcca.com/
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by fercho View Post
i was wondering if theres any local z club in my area???
i will like to be part of one... thanks
http://www.zscca.org/
Subgroup for our cars. Contact Bob Bartel who is the local area rep and a great guy. ZSCCA is the driving force for ZFest and many other activities in some form or another. The local section is very active with a variety of formal/informal events.

Keep in mind that there are enough of us locally to have our own informal gtg.
      07-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
fercho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

good to know, r u guys involve in any club or something, I would like to ride with u guys I live in otay ranch
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
good to know, r u guys involve in any club or something, I would like to ride with u guys I live in otay ranch
The local BMW club has has drives about every 3-4 months, runs a very active and well run autox, clean car contests, driver schools/track sessions, gtg, product demos, non-car events..... and the list goes on! Between the local BMW club and Bob's activities (ZSCCA) you can keep as busy as you wish. What I do:
1. Spend the money and join BMWCCA and ZSCCA, it's money well spent.
2. Show up as you can/wish at the events; a lot of knowledgeable and fun people to meet.
3. Check the club websites and local forum threads for what's happening.
4. Don't be surprised at how much fun you can have and how much you can learn, even if you're not behind the wheel.
      07-29-2010, 06:57 PM   #6
1st_Knight
'Entwicklung 85 - Zukunft4'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 SMG DINAN S1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incompatible View Post
The local BMW club has has drives about every 3-4 months, runs a very active and well run autox, clean car contests, driver schools/track sessions, gtg, product demos, non-car events..... and the list goes on! Between the local BMW club and Bob's activities (ZSCCA) you can keep as busy as you wish. What I do:
1. Spend the money and join BMWCCA and ZSCCA, it's money well spent.
2. Show up as you can/wish at the events; a lot of knowledgeable and fun people to meet.
3. Check the club websites and local forum threads for what's happening.
4. Don't be surprised at how much fun you can have and how much you can learn, even if you're not behind the wheel.
Well said!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #7
fercho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

i will follow your advice thank for that good info
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
misterawa
John 14:6
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incompatible View Post
http://www.zscca.org/
Subgroup for our cars. Contact Bob Bartel who is the local area rep and a great guy. ZSCCA is the driving force for ZFest and many other activities in some form or another. The local section is very active with a variety of formal/informal events.

Keep in mind that there are enough of us locally to have our own informal gtg.
I agree with Incompatible, there are enough of us locally to have our own informal gtg...1st Knight set up a local gtg a couple of years ago and I believe there was a local gtg either last year or the year before at Balboa. Anyone interested in setting something up(gtg and/or drive) before summer ends? That would be cool .

Mods: Eibachs/Konis, Eibach camber kit, JTD RSMs, 19" WedsSport SA67, Hamann headlight trim, Aero front bumper, Aero sides, AC Schnitzer side deflectors, Hella euro taillights, Hardtop, Dinan strut & supplemental bars, RD Sport intake, Dinan Stage 2 Software, RPI scoop, Bastuck catback exhaust, Radenergie CF engine cover...
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #9
fercho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

i am interested about doing it I live in chula vista so balboa park works fine for me let me know misterawa
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #10
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep

Sounds good to me.
      08-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #11
fercho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

just let me get my avant garde m310 wheels and i can do it jhejhe i don't want to drive the car with the 16" wheels jejhe
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #12
1st_Knight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterawa View Post
I agree with Incompatible, there are enough of us locally to have our own informal gtg...1st Knight set up a local gtg a couple of years ago and I believe there was a local gtg either last year or the year before at Balboa. Anyone interested in setting something up(gtg and/or drive) before summer ends? That would be cool .
That sounds like a great idea to have a small informal local SD GTG as the summer ends. What do you all think we have a meet, greet & eat sometime during the day or evening, and on a day between August 25th through the 29th?

From what I have seen, both the Boll Weevils @ 9330 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, or the Star Bucks @ 4898 Convoy Street in Kearny Mesa are not so crowded over the weekends. Also, depending on everyone's schedule, "maybe" we can have an informal photoshoot at one of the open parking lots at the SD Spectrum, or wherever nice and not crowded.

I am suggesting the above date because Zfest is being held over the Labor Day Weekend in Valencia, Ca. Attending this event is still up in the air for me...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #13
misterawa
John 14:6
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4

My schedule is free between August 25th-29th. Count me in! 1st Knight, give me a call so we can chat more about setting this up.

Mods: Eibachs/Konis, Eibach camber kit, JTD RSMs, 19" WedsSport SA67, Hamann headlight trim, Aero front bumper, Aero sides, AC Schnitzer side deflectors, Hella euro taillights, Hardtop, Dinan strut & supplemental bars, RD Sport intake, Dinan Stage 2 Software, RPI scoop, Bastuck catback exhaust, Radenergie CF engine cover...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 09:00 PM   #14
1st_Knight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterawa View Post
My schedule is free between August 25th-29th. Count me in! 1st Knight, give me a call so we can chat more about setting this up.
I'll call you...maybe we can see if Incompatible, Fercho and others can attend as well...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #15
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep

I'm on the road from the 25th till the 27th. If it's on the 28th or 29th, I'll be there.
      08-20-2010, 01:14 AM   #16
fercho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

souds good to me im available those days just lent me know what day, time and location,,
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 01:13 PM   #17
1st_Knight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
souds good to me im available those days just lent me know what day, time and location,,
Great to have you onboard! , and we look forward to meeting you and seeing your car with the new suspension

BTW, before I make an official post of our upcoming & informal gtg, spread the word to other local SD BMW Z owners that you know of....
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #18
fercho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

i have another 2 guys that whant to joing us, and btw suspencion is just amazing, but probably im going to have to sell it because just foud out that my girlfriend is pregned, and need to get money from anything i can sell because i dont have a job now so if some of you guy what to buy it make some offers!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #19
imz4n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 3,0 si TITANIUM SIlVER

Somebody pick a date and location. LOL
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2010, 09:32 AM   #20
jgkassebaum
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bright Red 2006 Z4

Garage List
Z Club in San Diego

Hey: We are tring to get a Z club organized. We are having a Z run Oct 17th leaving Oceanside going to Julian. If you or anyone else are interested let me know. We need to let the resturant know how many people. Jeff info@kassebaum.com
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #21
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgkassebaum View Post
Hey: We are tring to get a Z club organized. We are having a Z run Oct 17th leaving Oceanside going to Julian. If you or anyone else are interested let me know. We need to let the resturant know how many people. Jeff info@kassebaum.com
Unfortunately I will not be attending as I have other commitments. Fun ride, I try to do it once a month.
      09-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #22
jgkassebaum
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bright Red 2006 Z4

Garage List
join us oct 17th 9:00 am at O'side harbor for a run up to Julian Jeff info@kassebaum.com
Appreciate 0