E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Coding Advice

07-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
elester12
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Coding Advice

All,
I own three BMW's (2009 328I, 2010 328I, and a 2010 X5 Diesel) and would LOVE to edit the configurations on them. I also own a Volkswagen TDI. My question is regarding a possible way to code our cars and what options do we have when it comes down to the tools used to complete the task of coding.

There is a member on this forum who provides the following services for a fee and I quote it from his post.
"
- remote folding mirrors coding - press the lock button for 2 seconds and the mirrors will fold, when you unlock the car they will unfold automatically
- remote windows and sunroof opening/closing
- digital speedometer coding
- Euro blinkers coding
- retrofit coding, e.g. OEM Alarm coding, Sirius
- errors clearing
- E92 LCI taillights coding
- remove any errors caused by aftermarket bulbs or lights
- coding digital/analog audio output in the head unit (Stereo, HiFi, Logic7)
- US to Euro Radio frequencies coding
"

While I support him/her and would love to pay them, whats stopping us from doing all this ourselves? If they can figure it out why can't we? I believe these forums are for putting our minds together and figuring these tasks out instead of just paying for them to be done!

Any ideas on how its done? For VW you can purchase the VAG-COM but that's only for VW. I've read about GT1's, PROGMANS, etc etc... but no one has figured out a direct method of playing with our cars settings.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
guribeng1
ㅎㅎㅎ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 zcp & preLCI e90 335i

Garage List
Pre-LCI e90 335i  [9.00]
2012 BMW M3 zcp  [10.00]
Quote:
I believe these forums are for putting our minds together and figuring these tasks out instead of just paying for them to be done!

+1
Appreciate 0