E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Faulty 335i Coupe Fuel Pump & High Pressure Pump

12-25-2006, 07:48 PM   #1
FLStork
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Faulty 335i Coupe Fuel Pump & High Pressure Pump

I have 1800 miles on my 335i Coupe and my fuel pump and high pressure pump went.
BMW has told the part is on back order, and will not be shipped till Jan 2 from Germany. By the time I recieve the part in the USA (CT), the car will be out roughly 3+ weeks.
I have noticed others are having similar issues with the fuel pump and high pressure pump based on other posts. We should track this as a community.
BTW-does anyone have a high pressure pump laying around?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
cruizin01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW

Yep, we did one at our dealership also. I think they have you replace the intank pump in hopes that they dont have to tear the engine half apart for the high pressure pump. The car we had needed the high pressure pump to fix the car. It was on BO 1-1/2 months ago when we did ours too. Our customer complained enough and they took it out of another new car to get him going. Just a thought
Appreciate 0