E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > I-drive music playing questions...

09-05-2005, 10:47 AM   #1
AW330i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 330i

I-drive music playing questions...

Does anyone know how to get the name of a song that is playing on FM radio or a CD, my friend has an E46 and it displays the names of songs on the FM radio and CD player and my E90 with I-drive doesnt... Is there a button I can push or did BMW just drop the ball?? And, Does anyone know if after the september update wheather or not the 6-disc will also be able to play mp3 cd's?

One more question but its AC related, Is there a mono button any where or everytime I go to change the temperature do I really have to turn one nob to X degrees and then reach over and turn the other nob???
      09-05-2005, 02:17 PM   #2
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

IDrive cannot show RDS yet, we will have to wait and see if this update contains it or not

I hope the CD-changers can play MP3 with just the upgrade and no hardware change, but again we have to wait and see

you can just leave the passenger side knob if you dont feel like changing it, its for their side anyway
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
IDrive cannot show RDS yet, we will have to wait and see if this update contains it or not
at lea t in australia, rds is available on my idrive since i bought it. i don't know about any other country though.

good luck with the september update.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2005, 02:47 PM   #4
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by David325Australia
at lea t in australia, rds is available on my idrive since i bought it. i don't know about any other country though.

good luck with the september update.
Thats what makes it difficult, there are a number of country differences
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2005, 02:50 PM   #5
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
you can just leave the passenger side knob if you dont feel like changing it, its for their side anyway
Unfortunately you have to just turn both dials.
It's a little "impractical" to leave your passenger ac on like 18c when you want the car to get warm.
Personally, I close the far side passenger vent, and aim the middle vent towards me...I need all the AC I can get in the scortcher of a spring we're having... :-) Not a biggie, it's like one extra twitch of me arm...and definately worth it when the gf complains it's cold, and I'm breaking a sweat from the heat...she gets 24c and I get 18 everyone's happY!
Appreciate 0