E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Dual use trailer...

07-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
longodj
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
1974 VW Beetle  [0.00]
Dual use trailer...

Hey guys,
I am looking to start an audio production company and as such I need a cargo trailer. I've calculated I need roughly 6.5 ft by 14 ft of trailer for my gear.

However, in my dream world I want to be able to hual my car in this cargo trailer if I want to. I'll be looking at a Ford F-350 with an extended bed to pull the thing so I'll have the pulling power and space for tires/tools etc.

So, for the car I need something like 6.5 ft by 16 ft. Now here's the problem. The garage I need to store this thing in is 10 ft x 20 ft. (And no I can't store it outside per codes) So the overall length of the trailer can be no more than let's say 19 ft. Are there ANY trailers out there you guys think could be used to haul my car and fit in those dimensions? I'm thinking I'll need an 8 ft wide trailer... Obviously the main purpose of this trailer would be for the company, but if at all possible, I'd love to be able to haul my car to events as well. Is it even remotely safe to haul a car in a cargo trailer?

-Dave
Appreciate 0