E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > GAP Insurance

12-20-2006, 01:17 PM   #1
rayb
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

GAP Insurance

Has anyone got any recommendations for GAP Insurance. BMW insurance seemed expensive in comparison with some of the companies I've seen on the web.

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2006, 02:58 PM   #2
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayb
Has anyone got any recommendations for GAP Insurance. BMW insurance seemed expensive in comparison with some of the companies I've seen on the web.
They are way expensive.

When I looked into it the bmw deal seemed to be a preimum version - i.e. full 'as new' cost insured including all options etc.. no quibbles ... free cappucino ... pretty sales women in nice suits ... you know the deal by know.

The internet ones were less 'frilly' and cheaper.

I decided to go with the internet ones. The promptly forgot to get the insurance.

In hindsight now .. I've decided that, since my work insures my car ... I'll just kick up a fuss if I don't get a payoff which clears the finance on my car (pretty much 100%). Since they also pay for the monthly payments (by way of a car allowance) I don't really give a monkeys about getting back the original value.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
CardinalZeus77
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S

Garage List
I got a quote from BMW which was way too high. I then got a quote from the internet (http://www.click4gap.co.uk) and this was much cheaper (third of the price BMW quoted!). I contacted my BMW dealer and they matched the internet price. Worth checking to see if your dealer will match the internet price.
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2007, 10:28 AM   #4
SRT
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series

Well, I'd like to say it's a waste of money, but then if you did have a write-off, I wouldn't be singing the same tune
Appreciate 0